I bet he bought drinks all night long

1DayPGA

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Great win for a good guy. Shane Lowry of Ireland wins the Open and celebrating with all the locals in a pub. The guy looks like the happiest man on earth as he's singing The Fields of Athenry. 

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/watch-shane-lowrys-2019-british-open-victory-party-looked-epic

Lowry.jpg.31a8360733152f20a5ed46c50ebe3678.jpg

lowry_party_1920_wdp.jxr 23.85 kB · 1 download

That was awesome.  Really happy for the guy.  The way the crowd rushed on the course on the 18th was pretty cool.  I don't remember seeing that before but they said it was a tradition.  

I'll bet after 1 hour of drinking at that pub I wouldn't be able to understand a single word anybody said.  I have a hard enough time when they are sober.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That was awesome.  Really happy for the guy.  The way the crowd rushed on the course on the 18th was pretty cool.  I don't remember seeing that before but they said it was a tradition.  

I'll bet after 1 hour of drinking at that pub I wouldn't be able to understand a single word anybody said.  I have a hard enough time when they are sober.  

Yea, I loved watching the crowd on 18. I've seen them do it in the past but it was 10 fold since the local guy was going to win it. Many many years ago they used to do it at the U.S. Open even to go so far as guys would rush on the green to try and get the ball out of the cup on the last putt but the powers at be didn't like and put a stop to that.