South Pointe or Louisville Trinity?

19 hours ago, Bormio said:

SP dominated 3A for years, but never won a 4A-Div 2 title.  Now that there are 5 divisions - they dominate 4A.  They compete with the big boys - but could not pull off a playoff run against them.  I think DF would have beat them late last year.

They won the 4A D2 title in 2009 with a very small enrollment for 4A.  Went undefeated and beat Northwestern twice to win the title.  Closest game was a three TD win that season.  Two future starting NFLers on D plus some other good players.  Think they had a one half scrimmage with Byrnes that was basically even from people that were there.

5 minutes ago, btango said:

They won the 4A D2 title in 2009 with a very small enrollment for 4A.  Went undefeated and beat Northwestern twice to win the title.  Closest game was a three TD win that season.  Two future starting NFLers on D plus some other good players.  Think they had a one half scrimmage with Byrnes that was basically even from people that were there.

My mistake - but it was 2008.  I forgot they were 4A, then in 2010 went back to 3A, and then went 4A again 2 years later.  The second time they did not win any 4A titles.  I thought they had been 4A only once.