Punting requirements

AussieRep

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

If you turn 19 before Sept.1 I think that's the cutoff for athletics.  So if you're 18 on Sept. 1 you should be good to go for a football season.  My hope is you have 2 years of eligibility in HS to enhance your punting skills and also have a whole year learning curve of US football and playing new positions and then give it a go you're senior year with knowledge and experience.  

If he is a senior this upcoming season, he could always go to a prep/post-grad school after HS before starting college. 

• Like 1

A punt of 45 yards is going to be approximately a 32 yard punt for football game purposes.  The punter normally drops back 13-15 yards and then steps into the punt.

Brad Wing of the Giants played one year of high school ball in Baton Rouge before having a very impressive career at LSU.

2 hours ago, AussieRep said:

So I turn 17 in may and am in 11th class so would i be eligible for 2 seasons considering the Australian school year starts in February?

I think you would be classifying as a sophomore if you enrolled now and junior if you enrolled day one of the upcoming school year in August.  That would give you two seasons with you senior year turning 19 in the spring.  Good luck!