SEC! SEC! SEC!

ECHS05

27 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

5 of the Top 8 in the Coaches poll, & 5 of the Top 10 in the AP poll, are from the SEC. 

Any denial that the SEC is THE premier conference in America should be quelled, squashed, eradicated, and every other synonym in the thesaurus.

They've been the premier conference now for the past 15 years 

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

5 of the Top 8 in the Coaches poll, & 5 of the Top 10 in the AP poll, are from the SEC. 

Any denial that the SEC is THE premier conference in America should be quelled, squashed, eradicated, and every other synonym in the thesaurus.

I dont think anyone would deny that.  Looks at the disparity between them and the next conference in terms of NFL players.  Of course on this board guys say dumb shit like that doesnt matter

One thing that always stands out to me:  Ive seen numerous games in the last few  years where they play a team from another conference with a great offense and in the first half get run amuck on.  Then at the half you see posts to the effect of "where's that sec defense blah blah"......2nd half starts and its complete shutdown time for the eventual sec victory 90% of the time.

Theyre the best conference because they have the best defenses and they have the besy defenses because they have the largest number of NFL type athletes 

If someone argues this they just be ignored.  Ive got no axe to grind - I played in the MAAC and was on the staff of a Big 10 school......just speaking the truth

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I dont think anyone would deny that.  Looks at the disparity between them and the next conference in terms of NFL players.  Of course on this board guys say dumb shit like that doesnt matter

One thing that always stands out to me:  Ive seen numerous games in the last few  years where they play a team from another conference with a great offense and in the first half get run amuck on.  Then at the half you see posts to the effect of "where's that sec defense blah blah"......2nd half starts and its complete shutdown time for the eventual sec victory 90% of the time.

Theyre the best conference because they have the best defenses and they have the besy defenses because they have the largest number of NFL type athletes 

If someone argues this they just be ignored.  Ive got no axe to grind - I played in the MAAC and was on the staff of a Big 10 school......just speaking the truth

Have you ever pressed 505 lbs or more?

I'll explain later

4 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Have you ever pressed 505 lbs or more?

I'll explain later

Negative to that lol.  I did 405 for a couple with some "assistance" and 385 max without. 

Better deadlifter (605 at 220) and overhead press of 225.  Pete Bommarito (similar to a Joe DeFreanco being I think you're from NJ) wa just telling me he feels the clean and press has far more relation to the football field and functional strength. I agree ....my guys saw the best results for physique and strength from the following:

Hang Clean, Squat, Trap Bar Deadlift, OHP, weighted chin up and weighted dip  (one thing numerous coaches have told me they notice is that any guy who hits real hard also seems to naturally have a great weighted chin/muscle up, trap dar deadlift and vertical jump

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2017/09/florida_georgia_lead_new_ranki.html

This is referencing what I was saying.  First 6 states in the per capita are the sec states wtf what domination 

Florida wins overall and per capita so simple - they are the best state.  GA is essentially the same as FL just less population.  

The fact people argue these simple facts to support their own narrative is odd in my opinion.  Ive seen some idiots on here make a statement about their states football because one HS team beats another lmao 

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Negative to that lol.  I did 405 for a couple with some "assistance" and 385 max without. 

Better deadlifter (605 at 220) and overhead press of 225.  Pete Bommarito (similar to a Joe DeFreanco being I think you're from NJ) wa just telling me he feels the clean and press has far more relation to the football field and functional strength. I agree ....my guys saw the best results for physique and strength from the following:

Hang Clean, Squat, Trap Bar Deadlift, OHP, weighted chin up and weighted dip  (one thing numerous coaches have told me they notice is that any guy who hits real hard also seems to naturally have a great weighted chin/muscle up, trap dar deadlift and vertical jump

Thx.  it was semi-serious.  you described me to a T.  I was mainly a violence & velocity guy.  I didn't do roids.

There was a guy I used to know who probably went to BC, played at a D-1 school (pre-FBS), and was a big fan of Florida talent, especially Dade, and Broward to some degree.  He changed his moniker a few times (and no one got annoyed) and I think once to 505 BP.

Guy knew his stuff.  Funny.  Real.

That was a time when we got upset not so much, when privacy was respected, motives unquestioned. 

• Like 1