PSU's Justing Shorter gone by way of Transfer Portal (Rutgers anyone?)

sausmann9

and I have my answer about what some schools do w/ stars that enter;

Stories like Shorter’s are growing more common in college football: that of the highly ranked recruit who fights expectations, doesn’t reach them as quickly as planned and decides to change scenery. And it gave Franklin another reason to challenge the way players use the NCAA’s year-old transfer portal.

“I do believe strongly that college athletics, I felt like, really taught adversity and battling through things," Franklin said. “And this has really changed that dynamic.”

Shorter is the first Penn State player this season to enter the NCAA transfer portal. As a result, he was subject to the rules Franklin drafted earlier this year.

With a dozen players transferring after 2018, Franklin set the following parameters: Players who enter the transfer portal can’t be on the team and will lose their scholarships at semester’s end.

what do you all think about Franklin's team policy w/ the Transfer Portal???  Would you like it at your school?
  • Thanks 1