Something I heard that stuck with me

I'm just sitting here thinking about something I heard once from a pastor my aunt was watching and I just remembered it... 

"Adversity will introduce a man to himself"  

Never have I once thought about it till now... Didn't even know what it meant... 

Wish I could go back to being 15 and start from there... 

But I can't and that's the reality of it. 

Right now is the type of time I'd go to the uncle who raised me for advice or call up my dad. But I don't have that anymore. I'm stuck figuring it out on my own and I've realized that this is my adversity. 

I chose to leave home right at 18 right after I graduated.

Then a few years later my kidneys almost took me out of this world. 

And now I'm up here stuck at home just realizing what that pastor meant

I tried to run and run from it... The path of least resistance is what Ive Wanted for so long and that just ain't it. My uncle always told me "Ain't nothing in this world worth doing done easy"

I feel like I'm meeting my adversity again for the first time because I ran from it... At some point along the way I lost myself and who I was because I ran I caved in to my fear. 

My fear of failing, My fear of not knowing what to say or to even do and you know what I remembered  in life you will get bumps and you will get bruises I was running  because I was afraid... 

But I ain't no quiter. What my adversity has helped me realize is that I'm not where I should or even could be a quiter is not the type of man I am 

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

"Adversity will introduce a man to himself" 

Sure. You really don't know who you are till you confront trying times. It is well and good for me to say I would die for my children or my wife. But who really knows what they would do, if the situation presented itself? Fight or flight is the age old conundrum.