trump: 'George Washington would have had a hard time beating me' pre-pandemic

RedZone

President Trump said during a radio interview Tuesday that "George Washington would have had a hard time beating" him in a presidential matchup pre-pandemic.

"I don’t know if you’ve seen, the polls have been going up like a rocket ship. George Washington would have had a hard time beating me before the plague came in, before the China plague. And then, you know, like every other nation, like other countries, when you get hit, it affects you, and we went down a little bit," Trump told conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt.

Trump has repeatedly blamed China for his sagging poll numbers, even as many Americans say in surveys that they're displeased with the Trump administration's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:
President Trump said during a radio interview Tuesday that "George Washington would have had a hard time beating" him in a presidential matchup pre-pandemic.

"I don’t know if you’ve seen, the polls have been going up like a rocket ship. George Washington would have had a hard time beating me before the plague came in, before the China plague. And then, you know, like every other nation, like other countries, when you get hit, it affects you, and we went down a little bit," Trump told conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt.

Trump has repeatedly blamed China for his sagging poll numbers, even as many Americans say in surveys that they're displeased with the Trump administration's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Oh yeah. Definitely. George Washington, our nation's first president who voluntarily stepped down after two terms, would lose to Ronald Rump. Makes perfect sense.