Chandler AZ transfer list

Ga96

On 6/28/2022 at 8:06 AM, Wooderson said:

I'm frankly curious how many of these kids - even if they did actually transfer (seems like Heffron isn't an actual transfer; his Hudl highlights are all of him playing for Chandler) - were going to their actual neighborhood school to begin with. If I had to give a pseudoscientific guess I'd say at least 50% of  the guys from other suburban schools (i.e. every school not named Chavez) have never been "neighborhood" kids. These were kids that were free agents from the jump and continue to legally leverage Arizona's education policies to their advantage. To quote a common argument passed around out here, if you're not opposed to kids who are great at math for pursuing opportunities that are aimed at maximizing their potential why are you opposed to athletes doing the same. And if you're an  adult who has an issue with the former that's an odd hill to die on.

If we're going to gatekeep what "real" high school football is are we going to retroactively strip every state championship team to come out of a company town, since those teams likely had kids transfer in because of a parent's job transfer? What about schools that drew heavily from a nearby military base? That seems rather silly and exhausting.

I think this may eventually work itself out through a reduction in schools fielding teams. Towns where one or two schools regularly raid the rosters of neighboring schools will see the raided schools drop the program all together. So, fewer teams, but more "super" teams, and more travel for games. Perhaps metro Phoenix will end up with just a handful of HS programs, who frequently play OOS. Perhaps Polk County, Florida will only have two programs, which frequently travel to play the handful of teams from Hillsborough, Dade, Duval etc.

Or maybe the 7v7 stuff is the precursor here. Regardless, the game has changed, and forever. Take it or leave it!