Former Metro Area HS Stars Squre off on Saturday

NYHSFAN33

Ohio St / Michigan on Saturday....

Ohio St has Curtis Samuel who starred as an explosive weapon at Erasmus Hall HS in Brooklyn, NY who in recent years has become one of the most consistent teams in NY City.

Michigan has Jabril Peppers out of Northern NJ, who won state championships and became a top national recruit starring at both Don Bosco and Paramus Catholic.  

Hopefully it will be a good clean game, but I cannot see Michigan doing very well at Ohio St. without their starting QB.  That's why they play the games.

Agreed....Harbaugh will have the talent level on par in another season, maybe 2.  Meyer is a great coch as well...should be a fun few seasons coming up in this rivalry.  This year Bama looks 7-10 points better than everyone, but they are not unbeatable.  I think D-1A would be really on point if they had at least an 8 team playoff, big conference winners + at large teams, IMO.  Don't have to go to playoff model of 1AA or D2, but have to be flexible. 

Ohio State is about the only team I see Alabama beating in the playoff after a month off to scheme for Saban. Meyer could certainly do it if they play their best football and Jalen plays like a freshman. 

I think Auburn would give Alabama tougher fits this weekend than Clemson and Washington/Wisconsin. Those last bunch just don't have a defense this year. UA would just run over them with their line/backs/Jalen and play outstanding defense. 

I think Ohio State is about the only team that can score points and get stops collectively. Which is why I'd have Bama only favored by -4 against them