Dorian Hardy

HSFBfan

Penn State has parted ways with four-star defensive end and onetime Lions Class of 2018 verbal commitment Dorian Hardy.

Lions247 first reported the news on Friday, a day after NJ.comrevealed an incident that happened a week ago at Hardy's school, Paramus Catholic, involving a post-practice fight.

That story continues to develop, but it will no longer do so by noting his future at PSU.

The senior originally committed to the Lions back in June amid a torrid recruiting run for the program.

Penn State's 2018 class now sits at 22 verbal commitments, leaving room for two to three more additions. The focus now will be on adding defensive ends, such as Cleveland, Ohio four-star Tyreke Smith, Harrisburg five-star Micah Parsons, and Blairstown, N.J., four-star Jayson Oweh, which it always was, but the pursuit of those three and perhaps others will now intensify. 

ADVERTISING

Head coach James Franklin and the Lions' staff will continue their bye week recruiting efforts today and tomorrow before returning to State College to prepare for Michigan.

1 minute ago, Panama Red said:

I hope everything works out for the kid. But was he really Penn State material. Has anyone watched his play? Not impressive at all

Nope. He had one big game that i remember and that was the SJC game last year. I dont think he would play if he went to PSU. Or at least hell sit for a couple of years

Alot of what I call legacy offers going around right now....daddy played pro ball...or college ball...or kids train with certain individuals which grease there pockets...and in return push a kid to a college extended as a "Favor"...1 particular coach is doing this which I believe will come back down the road to bite him in his ass.

1 minute ago, Panama Red said:

Alot of what I call legacy offers going around right now....daddy played pro ball...or college ball...or kids train with certain individuals which grease there pockets...and in return push a kid to a college extended as a "Favor"...1 particular coach is doing this which I believe will come back down the road to bite him in his ass.

Did Tenn do that for JG. JG dad was a big time player at Tenn so JG followed him there

• Like 1