Sept 6: Catholic (Baton Rouge) @ Destrehan (NOLA)

RedZone

These are the kind of games I'm talking about.

They haven't played in over 2 decades.

Destrehan is home to Justin Jefferson. This year Destrehan has 2 speedsters at WR with LSU offers. 

Destrehan Wildcat Stadium will be rocking. 

1536176369380-284-76.jpg

Destrehan had a great run in 2007 and 2008..... 30 game win streak and. nationally ranked both years 

"Championship history The 2007 state championship team finished the season ranked 22nd in the nation and the 2008 state championship team finished the season ranked 18th in the nation. Those teams under head coach Stephen Robicheaux were part of a 30-game winning streak from 2007 to September 2009."

The 2007 Destrehan team led by Jordan Jefferson was one of the fastest teams in the nation..... That 2007 team had over 20 D1s that signed.

Definitely not an easy place to win, you have to beat the Wildcats and the refs...  will never forget this play.  Even the announcer calling the game said 1st down Rebs and the officials spotted the ball a yard short

wm4thdown.jpg

8 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Definitely not an easy place to win, you have to beat the Wildcats and the refs...  will never forget this play.  Even the announcer calling the game said 1st down Rebs and the officials spotted the ball a yard short

wm4thdown.jpg

Destrehan will be traveling to Alexandria this year. 

Alexandria's RB just committed to LSU...he's a beast.

Brian Kelly keeping all these Louisiana kids in Louisiana can only mean good things for Tiger.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedZone said:

Destrehan will be traveling to Alexandria this year. 

Alexandria's RB just committed to LSU...he's a beast.

Brian Kelly keeping all these Louisiana kids in Louisiana can only mean good things for Tiger.

West Monroe and Destrehan have probably played each other at least half a dozen times but Destrehan has never made the trip up to Rebel Stadium

6 hours ago, Reb72 said:

West Monroe and Destrehan have probably played each other at least half a dozen times but Destrehan has never made the trip up to Rebel Stadium

Destrehan is 3-1 vs West Monroe in the MaxPreps era (2004).

All the games have been playoff games including one game that was in the Superdome in 2008..... Destrehan won that game 14-3 to win the 5A State Championship.

Destrehan normally doesn't like to travel much. I believe they're traveling to Shreveport this year though to play Captain Shreve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Destrehan is 3-1 vs West Monroe in the MaxPreps era (2004).

All the games have been playoff games including one game that was in the Superdome in 2008..... Destrehan won that game 14-3 to win the 5A State Championship.

Destrehan normally doesn't like to travel much. I believe they're traveling to Shreveport this year though to play Captain Shreve. 

West Monroe won it's 1st State Championship vs Destrehan in 1993 and pretty much owned the Wildcats through the 90's...  but that was back during WM's hay days.  My Rebs don't own anyone anymore 🙄

• Like 1

Catholic is not playing an OOS game this year, but they do have a nice non-district schedule. 

1-Destrehan 

2-St Thomas More (aka STM)

3-University Lab (Baton Rouge) 

4-West Monroe 

I think Catholic is going to take a step back this. I can see them losing 3 to 4 games possibly. 

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Catholic is not playing an OOS game this year, but they do have a nice non-district schedule. 

1-Destrehan 

2-St Thomas More (aka STM)

3-University Lab (Baton Rouge) 

4-West Monroe 

I think Catholic is going to take a step back this. I can see them losing 3 to 4 games possibly. 

One thing.

Catholic will have to replace 3* QB Daniel Beale who is headed to the Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns.

He was a 3-year starter and had a great career Catholic

Screenshot_20240421-091830-513.png