SC title games

Bormio

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

38-7 SP with 6 minutes left.  Best team in SC - no doubt.

I would like to see them against DF.  I do believe it would be a very tight game, a score, and would favor SP but DF has a way of pulling games out.  I think the key is to really pressure SP from the D side and to slow the game down both with your offense driving the ball and the D getting them out of rhythm.

DF dominated the first half but in the second half the D broke down and did not contain the QB especially to the middle of the field.  They gave up too many big plays!

The illegal participation penalty was a game changer to me.  Think they get points starting at the 37.

On the two point conversion I expected them to kick because they were moving the ball so well against DF but when you have a team on their heels I understand why you go for the win.  Knotts expected the same but said he would have went for it, also.  Reminded me of Indy v Mallard Creek in 2009.  Marquise Williams (UNC QB) ate Indy up all night but it came down to a two point conversaion and he was stopped at about a half foot out after scoring with no time on the clock.

The big TE that caught the two point attempt was also stopped on the previous drives fourth down.  He is 6'6' 260 pound junior and he was cracked hard by several people.  Although DF had holes in their contain they do swarm and lay the wood.  Very aggressive D.  Good O line that probably deserves praise and I think all of them return.

DF returns 40 players from this team including a lot of starters.  They lose the playmaker, Bryce Thompson, but QB and leading WR (sophomores) and the great sophomore RB, Ron Hoff, return.  They have another sophomore RB/skill player that will be expected to step up big next year and the staff thinks he has the game to do so.  Knotts is excited about the sophomore class!!!