Katy 31 NS 3 4th

Horsefly

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

With all respect, North is not great team. There is a reason they are rated 196.

I never said NS was a great team but to be in the regional finals you have to be a pretty good one. I was just disappointed in their effort today. If they had played like that last week I would have been watching Lamar play Katy today. As for any rankings, I don't pay much attention to them. I'm just hoping both Katy and Allen win next week.

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

With all respect, North is not great team. There is a reason they are rated 196.

196 is pretty good actually... Theres 14,549 ranked teams.

And at CalPreps, which is what you always reference, 196 could realistically be anywhere from #20-#1,200...

196×100 = 19,600/14549 = ~1.35%

So this team, using CalPreps National List (not rankings) , North Shore is in the Top 1.35% of all teams...

Thats pretty good...

4 hours ago, Guccifer said:

Yet you are continuing to ignore a 3-point win over first round loser The Woodlands.

You do know the Woodlands has a long history of early face plants in the playoffs don't you? Last year - in the finals - was a rare event for them. In 2008 after beating Katy 47-0 their team - which featured NFL running back Daniel Lasco - lost in the second round.

Both Katy and the Woodlands had one week of practice before the game this year, because of the Hurricane Harvey flooding in the Houston area. Love to see how your team would have looked against either of them if put in the same situation.

2 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

if you divide 196 by 50 states - North Shore would average being in the top 4 in all 50 states. That is how good 196 in the Nation is.

And if you divide 14,549 by 50, you essentially get 291 teams per state...

So they, on average... Would be #4 if each state had 291 teams in it.

1 hour ago, TigerHat said:

Both Katy and the Woodlands had one week of practice before the game this year, because of the Hurricane Harvey flooding in the Houston area. Love to see how your team would have looked against either of them if put in the same situation.

Yeah, we don't know anything about hurricanes here in Florida.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Yeah, we don't know anything about hurricanes here in Florida.

Yeah, and STA is the only team that's had to deal with their quarterback starting their first game on the road but I'll leave whether a hurricane is a reason or an excuse under the control of the coaching staff for Katy not playing better to someone else.

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

And what does this have to do with Katy only beating them by 3?

Do you understand what a non sequitur is? That has nothing to do with the margin being 3; it has everything to do with the other part of what you said about The Woodlands losing in the first round of the playoffs. The 3 point differential only means something if the Woodlands is a weak team - as would be indicated by their first round loss. However the supposition that they are a weak team is contraindicated by the fact that they have a history of early playoff flame outs regardless of how good a team they have.

Katy on the other hand has a repeated history of playing better and better as the season progresses.  Which is why in the Katy vs Woodlands series Katy has only won one more game than the Woodlands - but over the same period Katy has won 7 state championships while the Woodlands has never won even one. Katy is a late season playoff oriented team - the Woodlands is not.

The fact that they lost in the first round is essentially meaningless. Since 2002 Katy has gone 205-18. Katy is 6-4 against the Woodlands in that period and 199-14 against the rest of the teams it has played. So yeah, the Woodlands is a very good team and a 3 point win is still a win. You do know that last year The Woodlands had wins over Katy, Lufkin, and Allen don't you? They returned a lot of talent from that team.

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

196 is pretty good actually... Theres 14,549 ranked teams.

you leaned well, grasshopper

:)

You know/knew, I know/knew NS was not a typical TX team that is left standing at this time of year. 

(nor was Trinity this year)

You know, I bitch about the weak GA schedules but 14 weeks in and Allen and Katy have still not played a top 100 team. 

That is pretty damned inditing. 

10 hours ago, Dub said:

Yeah, and STA is the only team that's had to deal with their quarterback starting their first game on the road but I'll leave whether a hurricane is a reason or an excuse under the control of the coaching staff for Katy not playing better to someone else.

Can you name a team that had their quarterback start their first road game 3,000 miles away in Arizona?

Or any team that had the above happen and fired their offensive line coach in the same week?

Also, there's another pesky fact: this is actually a good Katy team.

8 hours ago, TigerHat said:

The 3 point differential only means something if the Woodlands is a weak team - as would be indicated by their first round loss. However the supposition that they are a weak team is contraindicated by the fact that they have a history of early playoff flame outs regardless of how good a team they have.

They are a weak team.

They didn't just lose in the first round. They lost a 6-loss team. And not only did they lose to a 6-loss team. They lost by 16 points.

Don't you think early flame-outs being their "thing" is a sign of something?

8 hours ago, TigerHat said:

The fact that they lost in the first round is essentially meaningless. Since 2002 Katy has gone 205-18. Katy is 6-4 against the Woodlands in that period and 199-14 against the rest of the teams it has played. So yeah, the Woodlands is a very good team and a 3 point win is still a win.

No they're not.

This just proves that Katy struggles with them. Not that they're good.

You seem lost on simply logic here, sir.

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

you leaned well, grasshopper

:)

You know/knew, I know/knew NS was not a typical TX team that is left standing at this time of year. 

(nor was Trinity this year)

You know, I bitch about the weak GA schedules but 14 weeks in and Allen and Katy have still not played a top 100 team. 

That is pretty damned inditing. 

The teams in Texas play who is on the field to oppose them. Even the playoff schedules are fixed as to what district plays who. The Woodlands was top 100 all the way up until their face plant in the playoffs. Atascocita was rated 61.0 by the CalPreps computer before the Katy game - which also put them in the top 100. The reason they dropped out of the top 100 is that Katy beat them by more than 28 points - which really has more to do with how good Katy is than it has to do with how good a team Atascocita was.

By the way, a couple of comments about the Woodland's playoff loss: The Woodlands is primarily a passing team. The Woodlands QB got injured on their second possession after they scored on their first. There was about a 50 MPH wind blowing in their stadium that day and Rockwall was primarily a running team. The constant 3 and outs from the Woodland's offense put their defense on the field for most of the game and they got worn down. Bad things sometimes happen to really good teams.