Rush Says We'll..........Regroup and Persevere

Rufus69

Well...Rush took all this "merde" better than Lime Sink.  At least outwardly.  He made the statement that it will be the same State Championship trophy hoisted this Friday night that would have been hoisted in the Benz.   He wants to make sure it's us doing the heavy lifting.  He said he's disappointed for our Seniors who lost a chance to play in the Benz but he expects being a State Champion will offset that disappointment.  Either way this thing goes...we'll make another trip to Metro Atlanta...we'll go thru the same routines...and we'll line up and play Packer football in December.

I asked "Doc" this morning whilst we took a peek at the facilities down at the Sink...and he compared the Hawgs to Patton's 3rd Army.  You go where you're told...you fight till you're victorious.  You do whatever it takes.  I once was told by a very, very good Head Coach...to never compare high school football to actual war.  In my heart...I know he was right...but in my diehard soul.......I can't help it.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends.....ONCE MORE."

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...Rush took all this "merde" better than Lime Sink.  At least outwardly.  He made the statement that it will be the same State Championship trophy hoisted this Friday night that would have been hoisted in the Benz.   He wants to make sure it's us doing the heavy lifting.  He said he's disappointed for our Seniors who lost a chance to play in the Benz but he expects being a State Champion will offset that disappointment.  Either way this thing goes...we'll make another trip to Metro Atlanta...we'll go thru the same routines...and we'll line up and play Packer football in December.

I asked "Doc" this morning whilst we took a peek at the facilities down at the Sink...and he compared the Hawgs to Patton's 3rd Army.  You go where you're told...you fight till you're victorious.  You do whatever it takes.  I once was told by a very, very good Head Coach...to never compare high school football to actual war.  In my heart...I know he was right...but in my diehard soul.......I can't help it.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends.....ONCE MORE."

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!

Rufus>>

WELL, lets HOPE that he takes the movie's Sheridan Tanks with him, instead of the Sherman Tanks from WWII!:$