Pro BasketBall the American Anti-Trump way

dbcaptiron

Really has nothing to do with Trump, other than Mark Cuban detests the guy and can't shut up about it.....(which is funny because I think both guys are more similar than not), but did anyone see this latest news??

Wrong on so many levels...

In a recent appearance on “The House Call with Dr. J” podcast, Cuban said that he told his team it would be best if they lose for the remainder of the 2017-2018 season.:o

cuban.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

“I’m probably not supposed to say this, but, like, I just had dinner with a bunch of our guys the other night, and here we are, you know, we weren’t competing for the playoffs. I was like, ‘Look, losing is our best option,'” Cuban said on the podcast, as transcribed by ESPN.com. “Adam [Silver] would hate hearing that, but I at least sat down and I explained it to them. And I explained what our plans were going to be this summer, that we’re not going to tank again. This was, like, a year-and-a-half tanking, and that was too brutal for me. But being transparent, I think that’s the key to being kind of a players owner and having stability.  9_9

The league fined him 600K for it....not because the owner told his team to lose....but because he talked about it and made them 'look bad'.....:S

DWlgYxXW0AYhdGe.jpg

Now how many here never believed that these pro-teams intentionally tank???

Truth Foul 600K... LOL

And SOOoooo COOoool that he regards himself as a "player's owner" O.o(like a players coach) as he instructs competitive athletes to throw games :$

Perhaps one of the best illustrations why I have preferred College and HS sports more so than the pro level these days... :D

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

He sign's the checks....right?

Yes, but fancying himself as a 'player's OWNER' 9_9 LOL

Just seems a little 'oxymoronic' to me...

Not that I have not seen that attitude before.....It seems to be a common theme from the governmental left....

You have no feelings on that one????  I certainly thought you (of all people) would...

If "he signs the check's"  works for you....then i guess i have my answer.... 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

This is his business

Has nothing to do with being governmental and this approach is hardly new to the sports world. 

True and fair enough....

Business being the key word here...

I guess that's why I'm just pretty disappointed every time I'm reminded that professional sport, is NOT pure sport at all...

Don't mind my bitching about it, I know it will not change anything.

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

This is his business

Has nothing to do with being governmental and this approach is hardly new to the sports world. 

Just a thought, but  Cuban and Trump seem to me like peas in a pod...

Do you hold this same 'business' view for him as well? or is that different because it's 'government business''? 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

They may seem like the image of one another but Cuban is much, much smarter. 

Trump has the ability to persuade thru continuous false bravado. 

Cuban relies on a true business sense. Calm and calculating.

The two methods are vastly different given the personalities involved. 

Interesting take,

gotta run,  but i'll be back later.

3 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

They may seem like the image of one another but Cuban is much, much smarter. 

Trump has the ability to persuade thru continuous false bravado. 

Cuban relies on a true business sense. Calm and calculating.

The two methods are vastly different given the personalities involved. 

Back with some thoughts to add...

1) if  "He sign's the checks" or 'is the boss' then IQ is a fairly moot point (or at least a lesser point than the next). 

2) I guess my main point is I find it odd, that two narcissists  being both placed in a 'boss' position are viewed so differently when one is paying you a (straight) business salary, while the other is paying you with 'government business' benefits...

One can tell you 'not to do what you signed up for' (unless any athlete signs up for professional sport to throw games) and your 'good with that', while the other boss is not given the same leeway as the interpretation of the  'method' or tactics by which this boss achieves their goals now comes into play.  The goals themselves (whether you like them or not) can't be the issue here (as I'm fairly certain a competitive player would rather go out and win).  So if the 'government boss's' goals don't line up with yours, do you have a right to 'not work' towards (or support) those goals???

I know it's 'government' and it's supposed to be representative, and you certainly have a right to have your say and vocalize them (just as those players should be able to express their opinion while sitting at that dinner table with Cuban) . But when the night is over and the game comes up the next day, clearly you are saying here that you should be 'obeying the bosses directives' as you are continuing to take his pay/benefits.  When you continue to live in this country, and you continue to receive all the benefits that come with it, shouldn't the same apply here???

I don't know, just seems to me like we are all just sitting here at the dinner table screaming at each other.....while the game has been going on without us for over a year now........

Any thoughts on that?