How to Meet the Strategic Challenge Posed by China

BUFORDGAWOLVES

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How do YOU suggest we meet the China challenge? 

The authors thought it wise to vote almost the entire article to history. 

About all he said was "So what do we do about China? The answer is not to adopt an industrial policy."

Just now, noonereal said:

How do YOU suggest we meet the China challenge? 

The authors thought it wise to vote almost the entire article to history. 

About all he said was "So what do we do about China? The answer is not to adopt an industrial policy."

Certainly not going to meet em on the battlefield in hand to hand combat! Hahaha, we're outnumbered.

Formidable foe without any regard to environmental consequences, actually have apps that tell when it's safe to go outside and drink bottled water only, completely different set of values to ours.

Can't bomb em back to the stone age without getting burnt ourselves.

Has to be economic and political, whereas we're down here squabbling about God knows what.

Trade tariff seems to pissed people off...

What I took from the story was that we need to PROGRESS in order to maintain our stature. 

How do we do that when we just voted in a return to the past presidency?

Interesting that Turkey will be cash free in 5 years. Here? Let's just say we are very far behind. (thanks red states)

Honest, I see the USA as I do the generational differences. 

Old white guys wanting a return to the past to sooth their egos leaving the millennials at a terrible economic/technological disadvantage once they are rid of us.  

IMHO, we have few hopes of stopping China's assent, past us, unless we turn power over to the youth and embrace change. 

Try to get a red state to do that.

God Bless. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

What I took from the story was that we need to PROGRESS in order to maintain our stature. 

How do we do that when we just voted in a return to the past presidency?

Interesting that Turkey will be cash free in 5 years. Here? Let's just say we are very far behind. (thanks red states)

Honest, I see the USA as I do the generational differences. 

Old white guys wanting a return to the past to sooth their egos leaving the millennials at a terrible economic/technological disadvantage once they are rid of us.  

IMHO, we have few hopes of stopping China's assent, past us, unless we turn power over to the youth and embrace change. 

Try to get a red state to do that.

God Bless. 

"If we’re going to compete with China, we’ve got to do it the American way. And what we are best at is innovation."

I think this sums it up....

And bring intelligence back to our discourse....