So the judge who forced Cohen

HSFBfan

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was raised by my parents never some nanny and we spoke English the way it is supposed to be

Baby Girl Hardcore Troubadour I guess is very unfortunate.  She has two parents who have to work hard to provide her with a nice house, clothes, education, and save for their retirement.  We enjoy material comforts, what can I say?

I suppose we could leave her home alone during the week, but as a 1 year old she would probably find some way to kill herself, so we err on the side of caution and use a nanny 😏

Grandparents are unfortunately also too busy, you know, trying to finish saving for retirement so they don’t have to eat Fancy Feast in their old age.

We try to teach her English, but between Mrs. Hardcore Troubadour’s Ivy League college and grad school, and my own miserable background, we don’t talk too good...so I guess it’s “parlare italiano” for Baby Girl.

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was raised by my parents never some nanny and we spoke English the way it is supposed to be

BTW do you ever wonder how this type of thing comes across to normal folks who may take offense at your words?  

Thought experiment: read what you just wrote again and put yourself in the shoes of a working parent and how this must read to them.

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Baby Girl Hardcore Troubadour I guess is very unfortunate.  She has two parents who have to work hard to provide her with a nice house, clothes, education, and save for their retirement.  We enjoy material comforts, what can I say?

I suppose we could leave her home alone during the week, but as a 1 year old she would find some way to kill herself, so we err on the side of caution and use a nanny 😏

Grandparents are unfortunately also too busy, you know, trying to finish saving for retirement so they don’t have to eat Fancy Feast in their old age.

We try to teach her English, but between Mrs. Hardcore Troubadour’s Ivy League college and grad school, and my own miserable background, we don’t talk too good...so I guess it’s “parlare italiano” for Baby Girl.

Yes I had two parents that worked very hard as well. Grandma helped out as my grandpa always worked. Grandma never had to work. Grandpa did good. Was old school woman stayed home. men went to work. 

Who speaks Italian?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

BTW do you ever wonder how this type of thing comes across to normal folks who may take offense at your words?  

Thought experiment: read what you just wrote again and put yourself in the shoes of a working parent and how this must read to them.

Dont care. Another problem we have in this country people care way too much of what other people think about their opinions so they are afraid to say them. I have never been afraid to speak my mind or say my opinions and honestly I never will. If you find my opinions to be offensive thats on you. BTW I come from 2 working parents so BTW still work

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Too tough to pick up once you get older I think, gotta learn from birth.  

I don’t speak any so the kid won’t have much use for it but I figure it can’t hurt to start her young and see what happens.

I just never cared to pick it up. They force students to take language in school so I had no choice. I know English

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I hear you.  Many of us have tried to offer advice to him.  He is very honest and doesn't appear to have some agenda so it is easy to try and offer advice.  He is just not having any of it though.  

No he is not. He would probably make a good soldier provided he believed in the cause he was fighting for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont plan on going abroad. And most countries that you would ever go visit speak english

It depends on where you go and also where in the country you go. Out in the countryside, few speak English in most countries. It also engenders goodwill among the locals if they see you can converse in their language. Trust me, it's an asset to have.

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It depends on where you go and also where in the country you go. Out in the countryside, few speak English in most countries. It also engenders goodwill among the locals if they see you can converse in their language. Trust me, it's an asset to have.

No thanks. If I go ill stick to the major cities where they speak english. But for now I have no intention of going to another country.