7 elementary students cut their wrists at school

HSFBfan

Ok this is a real issue that needs a real response.....not that the school gave a real response and banned pencil sharpeners. So lets not treat the real issue. 

is this country afraid to tackle mental health jesus christ its really not that big of a deal to talk about. Everyone is fucked up in their own ways. its how you deal with it. When elementary school students are slicing their wrists I think would be the time to actually have a real decision. 

Having suicidal thoughts sucks trust me I know all about them...but elementary school kids thinking about it or worse acting upon it is a whole different ballgame.....I just hope these people seek help for these kids they need it and they better get it sooner or later because it gets a lot worse. 

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/7-prince-georges-county-elementary-students-cut-wrists-at-school-officials-say

Guys. how old were these kids? 

The story simple does not say.

Sounds to me like it was simply really really stupid. 

You do knows kids always do stupids things right?

Not a one actually was harmed more than superficially.

From the tiny bit this link has claiming mental illness is the cause is, well, mental. 

Just now, Drummer61 said:

First and foremost is denial..Oh, no, not my kid..Second, letting school be the primary caretaker, Thirdly, feeding junk food and no exercise or allowing them free run and tolerate horrible behavior devoid of all respect....On, and on....For starters...

I have to disagree with the junk food aspect and the feeling of suicide. has little to no relevance to the situation. How does respect have to do with suicidal thoughts? In all honesty have you ever had them? 

Denial can play a part but these are elementary school kids. It would be hard pressed to think your 8 year old wants to die. 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have to disagree with the junk food aspect and the feeling of suicide. has little to no relevance to the situation. How does respect have to do with suicidal thoughts? In all honesty have you ever had them? 

Denial can play a part but these are elementary school kids. It would be hard pressed to think your 8 year old wants to die. 

there was no bleeding even and you got this kids marked down as mentally ill who tried to commit suicide.

WTF is wrong with you? 

Honest. I expect more from you. I am very disappointed in you.  

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

there was no bleeding even and you got this kids marked down as mentally ill who tried to commit suicide.

WTF is wrong with you? 

Honest. I expect more from you. I am very disappointed in you.  

Dude understand everything you said yes is true but that action alone is enough to concern everyone. Maybe they didnt exactly know how to do it or how deep or block out the pain to do it but there is nothing wrong with me there is a legit concern here

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude understand everything you said yes is true but that action alone is enough to concern everyone. Maybe they didnt exactly know how to do it or how deep or block out the pain to do it but there is nothing wrong with me there is a legit concern here

maybe there were all friends and heard about the practice of becoming blood brothers? 

14 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats not good. I just hope if there is a problem these parents get these kids help ill leave it at that

leave it at that?

Maybe you need to think about how you jumped to conclusions and did not use reason. 

It took me seconds to realize you were way off base. 

Why? 

19 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Hitler youth did things like that, hopefully, not ours...That was brainwash the youths...This is all about lack of compliance on families part..

You are wayyyyyyyyyyyy off base thinking families of today are somehow inferior to families of our time. 

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

leave it at that?

Maybe you need to think about how you jumped to conclusions and did not use reason. 

It too me seconds to realize you were way off base. 

Why? 

I dont believe I jumped to conclusions. Dude have you for no reason at all put a blade across your wrist?