I'm Pro Cop (This is B.S.)

DevilDog

I understand your concern for ones daughter and I am 100% pro-cop and I don't really post these type of things.  But this is the most egregious  B.S. I have seen by a cop in some time.  She is an adult.

This man doesn't need a damn badge and this is ridiculous. 

‘You’re going to jail’: Officer fired for abuse of power after pulling over daughter’s boyfriend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%e2%80%98you%e2%80%99re-going-to-jail%e2%80%99-officer-fired-for-abuse-of-power-after-pulling-over-daughter%e2%80%99s-boyfriend/ar-AAz62By?ocid=ientp

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I understand your concern for ones daughter and I am 100% pro-cop and I don't really post these type of things.  But this is the most egregious  B.S. I have seen by a cop in some time.  She is an adult.

This man doesn't need a damn badge and this is ridiculous. 

‘You’re going to jail’: Officer fired for abuse of power after pulling over daughter’s boyfriend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%e2%80%98you%e2%80%99re-going-to-jail%e2%80%99-officer-fired-for-abuse-of-power-after-pulling-over-daughter%e2%80%99s-boyfriend/ar-AAz62By?ocid=ientp

I think the reason is pretty obvious. He resents the man his daughter chose. 

What most parents don't realize is that once you have a child, at some stage that child is going to become his/her own man or woman. And, at that stage, try as you might, you have no control over the decisions he/she makes, especially if you aren't a multi-millionaire or billionaire where concerns relating to inheritance play a huge role. 

This cop got what he deserved for his very unprofessional actions. Fortunately, he did not go a step further and end the young man's life. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I think the reason is pretty obvious. He resents the man his daughter chose. 

What most parents don't realize is that once you have a child, at some stage that child is going to become his/her own man or woman. And, at that stage, try as you might, you have no control over the decisions he/she makes, especially if you aren't a multi-millionaire or billionaire where concerns relating to inheritance play a huge role. 

This cop got what he deserved for his very unprofessional actions. Fortunately, he did not go a step further and end the young man's life. 

I agree many of us with Kid's don't  always agree with their choices as we clearly think we know what's best for them.  I am glad the responding officer realized this is str8 B.S.   So glad this didn't end tragically for all involved.  Yeah you can't put personal feelings into your job as a Police Officer especially when it translates to abuse of power.  That kid was pretty brave to stand up for his girlfriend even against her Father.  If he sat back and think about that for a moment she just might have a good young Man in her life that will protect and defend her.  Good reasonable post.  I clearly support Cops and understand his angst but damn his judgment in this case was over the top.