A Confederacy of Dunces

DarterBlue

Published posthumously, this book won a Pulitzer Prize for the tragic John Kennedy Toole, graduate of Columbia University and son of Louisiana. 

After reading the posts in the thread on Trump's increased popularity, I can only conclude that the title of the book, squares very well with the average voter of this country, as well as many of the posters on this board. 

Stupid is as stupid does! I shake my head in bemusement and disgust!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Published posthumously, this book won a Pulitzer Prize for the tragic John Kennedy Toole, graduate of Columbia University and son of Louisiana. 

After reading the posts in the thread on Trump's increased popularity, I can only conclude that the title of the book, squares very well with the averages voter of this country, as well as many of the posters on this board. 

Stupid is as stupid does! I shake my head in bemusement and disgust!

Can you give me a breakdown of the book. I may read it

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Can you give me a breakdown of the book. I may read it

It's hilarious and features Ignatius Rilley, a nutty, but well meaning young man who lives at home with his mother and has a really nutty girlfriend. In some sense, it's a modern day Don Quixote as the protagonist goes from one bizarre adventure to another. I read it at the Orange County Public Library one day when I was there doing stock research and feeling bored back in the 1990s. I was introduced to it by an article in the Wall Street Journal.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Committed suicide at age 30 or something like that if I remember my Louisiana History correctlly.........from New Orleans.