St. Peter's prep next QB

HSFBfan

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Current SPP Sr QB Massai Maynor committed to Navy today #beatarmy 

Can’t go wrong with a service academy!

I always wondered though how hard it is for schools like Navy, Ga Tech, etc. to get QBs?  At the end of the day throwers gonna throw.  I imagine it’ll take some getting used to to go from Hansen who throws the ball a lot vs. an option system where you’re rarely throwing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Can’t go wrong with a service academy!

I always wondered though how hard it is for schools like Navy, Ga Tech, etc. to get QBs?  At the end of the day throwers gonna throw.  I imagine it’ll take some getting used to to go from Hansen who throws the ball a lot vs. an option system where you’re rarely throwing.

The Air Force has had a long run of success with the Flexbone offense, and Navy has finally caught on. The QBs aren't college throwers. They are readers and runners, who throw on occasion. Good luck to him. The academies are special places.

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Anything longer than a 'four year decision' works. He's set for life. 

Yes he is if he makes it thru the academy which is not easy to do. Not sure how hard Annapolis summer drills are compared to west point but I know west point is no joke and kids drop out all the time. My dad worked at west point saw kids drive thru the gates with their parents had their parents turn around and drive back out. 

1 minute ago, Canes1975 said:

He signed on for four years. At the end of the day he wants to be an MP and then become a cop. He like the thought of retiring with a full pension in his 40's. Also, it doesn't hurt that mom, aunt & two uncles are all on the force.

Nope doesnt hurt. Lots of guys become cops from that job in the military but man oh man if someone told me I could retire and 41 and never have to work again I would jump all over that opportunity. I did 4 in the coast guard and jumped out like a moron