I Think It's Safe To Say....

Rufus69

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

OH WOE IS US !!!!!!!!!

We can't score but 30 points in (3) quarters ?

We're doomed.....

Rufus>>

It’s not bad that you failed to put up 30 points.  

Whats bad is ur coach scheduled One Half of a scrimmage against only 1 team this year( against MG who only won a few games last year) and of those few games last year 

they beat Three teams that have a record of 1-10

Clarkston  Stone Mountain, Chamblee 

lakeside was 2-8

lmao can yalll stop using Craigslist to find opponents 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm thinking we were pretty lucky to get the scrimmage so late as it finally materialized. 

Just glad to see some football finally. Even if it was 1.5 quarters of one thing .5 quarter of another and then 10 munutes of 2s and 3s whilst sat in the rain in a cheap plastic poncho. 

Hoss...the whole idea behind any scrimmage is putting your team in actual playing conditions against somebody wearing a different jersey.  You should always play as many kids as you can in an effort to see where you stand in your process.  I applaud Rush and the staff for intermingling the starters and the backups the way they did last night.  I'm sure the weather sucked.  I know everybody would have rather had a full 3/1 game.  Alas...the best laid plans of mice and Hawgs.

Hopefully...last night gave us something to work on...in preparation for next Saturday.  Lord Have Mercy...it's gonna be a playoff atmosphere in the Benz....(as long as it don't snow).  Here's praying that our WR crew continues to gel and grow into the group we know they can be.  I haven't heard anything different...so I'm guessing at the moment we're only down (2) starters for the game against McEachern.  More than that...and I may hafta ban you and CCBLACKHATTER for a few days.

It's time to let it all hang out

See ya in the ATL !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm thinking we were pretty lucky to get the scrimmage so late as it finally materialized. 

Just glad to see some football finally. Even if it was 1.5 quarters of one thing .5 quarter of another and then 10 munutes of 2s and 3s whilst sat in the rain in a cheap plastic poncho. 

I just don’t get it..... teams line up to play bnu teams for scrimmages, not regular season tho

everyone wants to play the best teams in the area preseason because it’s means jack shit to their record and only makes the rest of the teams easier because they played the best team right off the bat already.. so we get our introsquad and like 3-4 Scrimmage games Before the season starts

Now what’s the real reason Colquit barely had a Scrimmage this year

i understand Grayson backing out because 

that would be like Don Bosco scrimmaging SJR. All the team is gonna Do is scout you for the regular season 

especially preseason why wouldn’t teams be lining up to get experience in

Well, there are rules to begin with. We get two intersquad scrimmages. You can use one in the spring and one in the fall. If you don't use the spring one you can have two in the fall. 

Grayson was supposed to be a spring tune up but it didn't work out. 

We hunted high and low for a fall one and finally Miller Grove took the game. We actually could have had 2 fall games due to not having the spring game. 

Idk why it was so difficult. Could be money or whatever. 

55 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, there are rules to begin with. We get two intersquad scrimmages. You can use one in the spring and one in the fall. If you don't use the spring one you can have two in the fall. 

Grayson was supposed to be a spring tune up but it didn't work out. 

We hunted high and low for a fall one and finally Miller Grove took the game. We actually could have had 2 fall games due to not having the spring game. 

Idk why it was so difficult. Could be money or whatever. 

One of the reasons we had such a hard time finding a fall scrimmage opponent was....Coffee was tired of getting their derrieres handed to them.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Like 1