The Press Strikes Back!

Hardcore Troubador

On 8/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Exactly my point. Nothing fair and balanced going on at CNN or MSNBC. That's why they're losing viewers and market share by the week. 

Actually, MSNBC has gained market share since the election.  FOX still has the highest number of viewers with 94% being white and over 60.  That demographic ain't going anywhere.    

I thought about GardenStateBaller while I was up in the big city this weekend. 

I was getting a picture of the New Big Peach statue...

20180818_190920.thumb.jpg.f2ae6816bde3a40a35da4c8c316f149e.jpg

Low and behold, when I turned around, what did I see?!

20180818_190826.thumb.jpg.9d957b70d16ed38118943409f3733b1f.jpg

I snapped this pic and almost went to create a bar graph meme that would show who was more truthful in their "news", GSB or CNN. It would be CNN in landslide in my graph I'm sure. 

I figured, ahh, screw it. I wasted enough time thinking about that dude and CNN already. 

🇺🇸

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

More and more Gays, African-Americans and Hispanics are switching to FNC. The demo above is becoming more and more diverse by the day. 

FNC is the only network neo-cons feel safe watching because they tell them what they want to hear....more diverse?.LOL....yea..ok..Donny and Fox news are magnets for diversity...O.o

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MSMs silence on this story is inexcusable. Regardless of party of choice, ignoring this story is a crushing blow to women's rights. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/minnesota-democrats-endorse-ellison-amid-abuse-allegation-193737151--election.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw

women's rights huh?...LOL..that's what you Trumpers are so concerned about??..yea..sure...you sure it has nothing to do with the guy being a Muslim..:$..you're showing your true color...;)

On 8/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Exactly my point. Nothing fair and balanced going on at CNN or MSNBC. That's why they're losing viewers and market share by the week. 

Actually, all three cable news (CNN, MSNBC and FOX) have increased overall viewership substantially since the 2016 election.  So, NONE of them are failing like Trump would like you to believe.  FOX has the most viewers, with MSNBC next and CNN last.   What is important to realize is that FOX has no conservative competition in the Top 3.  MSNBC and CNN compete for the same viewer.

If you consider conservative viewership (FOX) vs. liberal viewership (MSNBC and CNN) a more realistic conclusion can be drawn.  Liberal viewership (MSNBC and CNN) is 51.5%, whereas conservative viewership (FOX) is only 48.5%.  Based on the 2016 election, this looks to be the correct evaluation of balance between liberal (Democratic Party) vs. conservative (Republican Party.)

When looking at the target audience of 24-54 year olds, liberal viewership (MSNBC and CNN) is 57.8% compared to conservative (FOX) is a measly 42.2%.  FOX viewership is mostly white, mostly male and mostly old farts. It's a dying audience.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thx for thinking of me. I'll be there in person from 8/31-9/2!! Staying in Cumming. Hope you can make the trip back up North to see BC and SJR is person. 

I'm probably not going to be able to due to the Packers playing. We'll see though. We talk about these teams enough that I feel the need to see them first hand. 

:D