IS Somerville the best team in NJ?

noonereal

They buried Delbarton while DePaul  struggled with them.

They are 6-0 and haven't really broken a sweat this year. 

Red Bank Catholic is also 6-0 and have not yet played 3 quarters with starters. They are averaging 40 points a game and the few teams that have scored against them have done so when the game was already well in hand. 

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, noonereal said:

They buried Delbarton while DePaul  struggled with them.

They are 6-0 and haven't really broken a sweat this year. 

Red Bank Catholic is also 6-0 and have not yet played 3 quarters with starters. They are averaging 40 points a game and the few teams that have scored against them have done so when the game was already well in hand. 

The short answer: no....

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

@GardenStateBaller

Probably some Bergen Elitists forget how RBC spanked SJR a few years back....

Even a garbage can gets a steak every now and then. This is nothing new, St. Augustine would come into playoffs with the same type of resume. Matter of fact they earned the 1 seed, and if my memory serves correct, they had a running clock put on them by the BNU last place team. Not saying they aren't in the midst of a magical season, but I'd like to see them prove it verse a strong opponent before we hand out awards.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Even a garbage can gets a steak every now and then. This is nothing new, St. Augustine would come into playoffs with the same type of resume. Matter of fact they earned the 1 seed, and if my memory serves correct, they had a running clock put on them by the BNU last place team. Not saying they aren't in the midst of a magical season, but I'd like to see them prove it verse a strong opponent before we hand out awards.

I am not offering an award just keeping it real. The Big North is not strong this year and this would be the kind of year a RBC could likely hold it's own. Heck, with a GA zip code they may well be in the national top 100. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I am not offering an award just keeping it real. The Big North is not strong this year and this would be the kind of year a RBC could likely hold it's own. Heck, with a GA zip code they may well be in the national top 100. 

This is true but they’re in Group 3 and DePaul will beat both RBC and Mater Dei (both of whom are pretty good, relatively speaking).  

RBC and Mater Dei (and maybe Joes Hammonton) would beat PC, and the other “B” pool teams this year in a hypothetical matchup if they played.

19 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

This is true but they’re in Group 3 and DePaul will beat both RBC and Mater Dei

The same thing was said, more emphatically, just before they beat SJR. 

I am not betting on RBC but we do tend to be much to dismissive of them and the other occasional non Big North teams that have a special team on a given year.