Maybe we can take some advice from Kenya

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Damn why did Obama's parents have to pay their stupid bill? 😂

Trump wouldn't have to be working overtime to undo the damage he caused the last 8 years 

True lol. But I like their concept. U cant pay were gonna hold you in hospital ja so to speak until you pay for the services that were given to you. 

37 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You go to their hospitals and dont pay your bill you are not allowed to leave. Maybe that will stop people here from going to hospitals that cant pay to be there. 

https://www.apnews.com/daf47512c8f74e869b722782299b4a0e

Of course this makes absolutely no sense on so many fronts. So, if you are broke die on the streets? Or is it if you are broke take up permanent hospital residence? 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Of course this makes absolutely no sense on so many fronts. So, if you are broke die on the streets? Or is it if you are broke take up permanent hospital residence? 

Makes absolute sense and that is why even kenya is doing it. A hospital is a service not a charity. If you cannot afford to be there than they will do what needs to be done but you are not leaving until you pay the debt. Makes complete sense 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Makes absolute sense and that is why even kenya is doing it. A hospital is a service not a charity. If you cannot afford to be there than they will do what needs to be done but you are not leaving until you pay the debt. Makes complete sense 

So they are going to shelter and feed you till you pay? How does that make sense? It will only cost the hospital more money! Don't you see that? An indigent person could just take up residence there. 

If you are not going to treat the sick then don''t admit them period. Of course that's heartless and would lead to a lot of unnecessary deaths. But I could understand the economics of it. But what you allege Kenya is doing makes totally no sense and will bankrupt their healthcare system. 

Don't you understand that? 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

So they are going to shelter and feed you till you pay? How does that make sense? It will only cost the hospital more money! Don't you see that? An indigent person could just take up residence there. 

If you are not going to treat the sick then don''t admit them period. Of course that's heartless and would lead to a lot of unnecessary deaths. But I could understand the economics of it. But what you allege Kenya is doing makes totally no sense and will bankrupt their healthcare system. 

Don't you understand that? 

My position is you dont want your family member in a hospital forever so your gonna try to pay to get them out. If that happens hospital gets paid and the person is set free. Kinda like bail from jail but u dont owe the bail company anything since you paid for your services. 

Again this is where u and me see things extremely different. You come back to this compassion or whatever for people. No we cannot admit people to hospitals that cannot afford to be there. It is destroying hospitals. Again hospitals are not a charity they are a business. If you want their service it's time to pay up

many countries when patients cannot afford to pay for health care, they are usually either sent to a public hospital where treatment is covered by the state or refused help altogether. In some hospitals in Cameroon and elsewhere, for example, the problem of patient imprisonment was solved by some institutions by simply demanding payment upfront.

We can’t just let people leave if they don’t pay,” said Leedy Nyembo-Mugalu administrator of Congo’s Katuba Reference Hospital. He said holding patients wasn’t an issue of human rights, but simply a way to conduct business: “No one ever comes back to pay their bill a month or two later.”

Unlike many hospitals in developed countries, African hospitals don’t always provide food, clothing or bedding for patients, so holding onto them does not necessarily incur a significant cost. Detained patients typically rely on relatives to bring them food while those without obliging family members resort to begging for help from staff or other patients.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

My position is you dont want your family member in a hospital forever so your gonna try to pay to get them out. If that happens hospital gets paid and the person is set free. Kinda like bail from jail but u dont owe the bail company anything since you paid for your services. 

Again this is where u and me see things extremely different. You come back to this compassion or whatever for people. No we cannot admit people to hospitals that cannot afford to be there. It is destroying hospitals. Again hospitals are not a charity they are a business. If you want their service it's time to pay up

You obviously don't know a damn thing about Kenya and the poverty of its average citizen. 

For that matter you don't know a damn thing about America either as they are many that could not pay and have no one to pay for them. Just be thankful that you don't fall in this boat. Perhaps one day if you do you will see the wisdom in my point of view. However, I fear then it will be too late. 

You are a hateful, mean spirited young man. And I don't say this with hate for you for I don't have such. But your view of the world is really, really dark.

Just hope that if someday you are down and out that you find someone with a grain of compassion in them, something you clearly don't have. 

• Like 1

You obviously don't know a damn thing about Kenya and the poverty of its average citizen. 

For that matter you don't know a damn thing about America either as they are many that could not pay and have no one to pay for them. Just be thankful that you don't fall in this boat. Perhaps one day if you do you will see the wisdom in my point of view. However, I fear then it will be too late. 

You are a hateful, mean spirited young man. And I don't say this with hate for you for I don't have such. But your view of the world is really, really dark.

Just hope that if someday you are down and out that you find someone with a grain of compassion in them, something you clearly don't have. 

Again you are too emotional. This is a dollar and cents issue. This is about saving hospitals because they are going bankrupt altogether or they are closing units to save money. Hospitals need money in order to survive. You need theirservices. You have to pay. Would u go to a restaurant and not pay them for their food. You have to eat to live right? So there is no difference. You cannot think of business with compassion. Business is a dark cold world. We provide you with something you need to pay. And you are not leaving or anything until you pay. Juat like if I was to have food somewhere and walk out I would be arrested. 

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Again you are too emotional. This is a dollar and cents issue. This is about saving hospitals because they are going bankrupt altogether or they are closing units to save money. Hospitals need money in order to survive. You need theirservices. You have to pay. Would u go to a restaurant and not pay them for their food. You have to eat to live right? So there is no difference. You cannot think of business with compassion. Business is a dark cold world. We provide you with something you need to pay. And you are not leaving or anything until you pay. Juat like if I was to have food somewhere and walk out I would be arrested. 

This is not emotion. This is basic humanity. You are wiling to sell whatever soul you have for the almighty dollar or real or yuan of whatever currency you can get.

There was an old Neil Diamond song you would do well to listen to. But I am sure you won't. Just hope you never end up down and out with only your brothers by another mother around to see the result. 

For a young person, you are one of the most hateful individuals I have ever come across. You should give thanks that when you have your periodic breakdowns on this site there are those willing to listen and console you.

I for one will do that no more!

Just now, DarterBlue said:

This is not emotion. This is basic humanity. You are wiling to sell whatever soul you have for the almighty dollar or real or yuan of whatever currency you can get.

There was an old Neil Diamond song you would do well to listen to. But I am sure you won't. Just hope you never end up down and out with only your brothers by another mother around to see the result. 

For a young person, you are one of the most hateful individuals I have ever come across. You should give thanks that when you have your periodic breakdowns on this site there are those willing to listen and console you.

I for one will do that no more!

You say that all the time lol....everything in this world is about the dollar. Everything you do and hospitals are no different. They absolutely have the right to get paid for their services in full and people are not paying which is significantly hurting hospitals in this country. You are hurting a business and putting people out of work. There are less hospitals now than there have been. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

You say that all the time lol....everything in this world is about the dollar. Everything you do and hospitals are no different. They absolutely have the right to get paid for their services in full and people are not paying which is significantly hurting hospitals in this country. You are hurting a business and putting people out of work. There are less hospitals now than there have been. 

You are a sick product of a sick world. I am out; no need to carry this discussion further. If you were dying I would save you, though. For I am not like you and thank God for that. I would not expect you to do likewise and would be reluctant to take you assistance if you offered it, as I would not trust you to do right. 

Good luck in your world son. You are going to need it. Mark my word!

• Haha 1

You are a sick product of a sick world. I am out; no need to carry this discussion further. If you were dying I would save you, though. For I am not like you and thank God for that. I would not expect you to do likewise and would be reluctant to take you assistance if you offered it, as I would not trust you to do right. 

Good luck in your world son. You are going to need it. Mark my word!

I'm sorry you dont want to help save hospitals and believe it ok that people don't have to pay for the service in which they have recieved. I think that very messed up. I really do.