Whiteshoes Top 100 - November 13

whiteshoes

7 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

And that was a first year head coach beating the great Rush Prospt.  Hoover had Colerain dead to rights but the great Rush Prospt let time run out before kicking a game winning fieldgoal.

What does this have to do with anything that I said?

Hoover sucks and Colerain needed overtime in Ohio to beat an even lesser Hoover team than normal.

Yet here you are, again, bragging about this crappy win.

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Guys,

Maybe my comments are being misunderstood some. I have strong respect for the level of football played in Ohio. Great coaching...history and proven success  over a long period of time. My argument is that Ohio football is not as strong as it was 8-10 years ago. i would have ranked the Buckeye state at number #3 behind Texas and Florida at that time...but now I would put them behind GA and the top teams from CA. Illinois has been trending up and whether you want to admit it or not..is basically pretty even with Ohio from top to bottom. I wish there would be more inter-play between the 2 states...home and home agreements. I just meant that Colerain hasn`t played OOS in the last few years....I`m aware of their previous OOS success.

You just said you would never rank a team from the midwest as one of the best teams.  Ben Davis, IN was one of the top 5 squads in the country last season.  If folks in Illinois have a mindset like yours, that alone lets me know that Illinois is not where Ohio is.  

SJB came to Cincinnati and put it on eventual state champ St. X.  32 to 0.  St. X had some injuries but it was clear that SJB was better.  Physically SJB and St. X were equal.  SJB had the best 6 or 7 athletes on the field and if those squads would have played later in the season I would pick SJB for that reason but there would be no excuses from the St. X folk except for a couple of folks on here.  St. X would say that they should play better and execute.  That is how the top Ohio squads operate.

4 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

What does this have to do with anything that I said?

Hoover sucks and Colerain needed overtime in Ohio to beat an even lesser Hoover team than normal.

Yet here you are, again, bragging about this crappy win.

First year head coach winning his first big game.  There are some school around the country where the coaching falls off and they lose that type of game.  

You feel me.

I wouldn`t have ranked Ben Davis top 10 last year...They were very good as is Warren central...although their def is questionable. If you go on Yappi forums there are Ohio posters admitting that Ohio football isn`t quite as strong as 10 years ago. You are too sensitive........Ohio teams used to be considered for MNC...but you can`t tell me that they are still at that level.

8 minutes ago, abbatt said:

I wouldn`t have ranked Ben Davis top 10 last year...They were very good as is Warren central...although their def is questionable. If you go on Yappi forums there are Ohio posters admitting that Ohio football isn`t quite as strong as 10 years ago. You are too sensitive........Ohio teams used to be considered for MNC...but you can`t tell me that they are still at that level.

The folks on this site look at the schedules first and foremost when it comes to the MNC talk.  Some years the schedules work out right for a team or 3 from Ohio to be in the discussion.  Sometimes they don't.  Hell the last time an Ohio team was crowned with one of the MNC there were strong arguments for other squads.  2007 St. X.  I personally believed that MNW would have beat St. X in 2007 because they had the perfect personal to attach St. X's 3-3-5 defense.  Cats from Ohio don't get all up in arms about those kind of things.  We respect good ball and call a spade a spade.  

Your drunk if you don't think that Ben Davis' team last year wasn't a top 10 squad in the country.

42 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

First year head coach winning his first big game.  There are some school around the country where the coaching falls off and they lose that type of game.  

You feel me.

Yeah, but not ones that you claim are monster programs that get avoided in OOS games.

Hoover stunk and "monster" Colerain needed OT to beat them.

Those are the facts.

nptb17,

For your info I don`t even drink. In the last several years IND. has also been trending down as well.. Carmel...Cathedral...Center Grove aren`t as strong as they were.......so you`er basing it on one pretty good team slapping around teams that aren`t that good. Same thing this year...Warren Central is beating up teams that aren`t as good now as they once were. Look at how many points WC gives up....they are just outscoring mediocre teams. I know that BD was quite good ...but they were a big fish swimming in a smaller pond. Same thing for WC this year. So it`s difficult to say how good they really are.Warren central gave up 41 points to Trinity....I know that they suffered some injuries..but show me a team that doesn`t experience that. Again Naperville Central played Trinity without a starting OL and LB and they pounded them. I watched the game...it could have been a lot worse....And now Trinity is on a tear in the KY play-offs, and Simeon and Naperville central have been eliminated from the IL play-offs.

This is my point.......The top teams in IL ..MI and MO. can certainly compete with the top in Ohio...but that doesn`t seem to be recognized by this board or even Natl polls. 5-6 years ago when DJ was the moderator at Rival he did a poll ranking the states and he had IL at 18 and MI at 21......that`s just utter nonsense. I`m not trying to have an agenda...I`m saying that a little more credit and awareness of the level of football played in these states would be welcome.

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

nptb17,

For your info I don`t even drink. In the last several years IND. has also been trending down as well.. Carmel...Cathedral...Center Grove aren`t as strong as they were.......so you`er basing it on one pretty good team slapping around teams that aren`t that good. Same thing this year...Warren Central is beating up teams that aren`t as good now as they once were. Look at how many points WC gives up....they are just outscoring mediocre teams. I know that BD was quite good ...but they were a big fish swimming in a smaller pond. Same thing for WC this year. So it`s difficult to say how good they really are.Warren central gave up 41 points to Trinity....I know that they suffered some injuries..but show me a team that doesn`t experience that. Again Naperville Central played Trinity without a starting OL and LB and they pounded them. I watched the game...it could have been a lot worse....And now Trinity is on a tear in the KY play-offs, and Simeon and Naperville central have been eliminated from the IL play-offs.

This is my point.......The top teams in IL ..MI and MO. can certainly compete with the top in Ohio...but that doesn`t seem to be recognized by this board or even Natl polls. 5-6 years ago when DJ was the moderator at Rival he did a poll ranking the states and he had IL at 18 and MI at 21......that`s just utter nonsense. I`m not trying to have an agenda...I`m saying that a little more credit and awareness of the level of football played in these states would be welcome.

I applaud you from staying away from the liquid courage.  That is tough for a lot of folk.

Trinity scored 28 points with their with their top 2 rb's healthy against Warren Central.  By game 3 Louisville Trinity was at their 4th and 5th string rb's.  Trinity is normally deep but not that deep.  If Warren Central was playing Louisville trinity that week, they would have hung 60 on them.  Trinity just happened to be playing Naperville Central.  Naperville was kind enough to allwow Trinity to score twice.  Moeller and Louisville Trinity was called at the half.  That game was going to get out of hand real quick.  Louisville Male allowed Trinity to cross midfield twice in their game.  Louisville St. X allowed Trinity to cross midfield a few times.  You say Louisville Trinity is on a tear but they are beating baby seals right now.  They'll be in a fight this week and will turn their equipment in next Saturday.  This is only round 3 in Kentucky.  They happen to have a really really easy draw.

Now to Ohio.  You use 3 states to say that they are equal to Ohio at the top.  Give me the top 5 teams from these 3 states and we can do some comparing.  Average teams in Ohio are known to compete and beat top teams from other states.  This year for example Louisville St. X a top 5 team in Kentucky was smashed by a very average St. X team 34 to 7.  Louisville St. X dominated Louisville Trinity which I guess is one of Illinois best OOS wins this season.  Cincinnati St. X barely made the playoffs as an 8 seed and were swiftly run over by Colerain.

nptb17,

I never really liked to drink...probably been drunk 10 times in my life and it was a while ago......but i do like the Green !!!!

Okay...so you are calling me out...so here goes......Both MO.and MI don`t have 5 top teams that could compete with Ohio...this year from Mi...Cass tech...even though they got blasted last week...and Muskegon. From MO.it is CBC...and Rockhurst. From IL it is more.......LWE...Chicago Brother Rice... Loyola Academy....they are playing much better now but they will also be turning in their equipment after they lose to LWE....Chicago Marist....Chicago Mt.Carmel....Cary-Grove.....Batavia....ESL...they are also out of the play-offs losing to MT.Carmel 29-16........Nazarath Academy.....Naperville Central.....knocked out by Marist........Simeon........knocked out by Nazarath Academy......and probably 20 others as you go into the smaller classifications.......schools like Rochester.....Springfield Sacred Heart Griffin.......Immaculate Conception......etc. So....anyway...let`s just agree that the play-offs are a very entertaining diversion and we all spend too much time on them....but hey it is interesting and fun !!

• Like 1

abbatt,

1.Colerain

2.Akron Hoban

3.Mentor

4.St. Edward

5.Toledo Central Catholic

5.St. Ignatius

7.Hilliard Davidson

8.Winton Woods

9.Elder

10.Pickerington Central

This is my personal top 10.  The interplay between these teams is crazy.  100 percent of this list has played or will play someone that is in my top 10.  I can easily go to a top 20 to top 25.  

• Like 1

It`s a strong list that could be inside out and upside down before the champs are crowned. I like TCC to win in their div........I will take Colerain in the top class. Our play-off games are all on Sat...... projected forecast is snow 1-2 inches and 20-25 mph winds. I`m sure that you will have similar weather in Ohio. Enjoy !!