New York state playoffs...

DBP66

The Eastern semi-finals being played this weekend. Some good local match-ups being played in Middletown. Tonight #9 seed Cornwall (led by a stud freshman QB who has thrown for 24 tds. vs. 4 ints.) plays #2 seed Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake and tomorrow nights big game is class AA  #1 seed New Rochelle vs. #2 seed Shaker. Should be some good football being played by these teams. I saw Cornwall play and they have a nice program and a solid team. The Q.B. is a stud...freshman named Siemko(?)....some BNU teams had their eye on this kid but he lost some eligibility due to playing HS level as an 8th grader...it's a shame.

New Rochelle has a strong program too and spanked a solid Newburg team to make it to the finals..Don't know much about their opponents but these upstate teams usually have some nice size with a few talented kids...should be a good one with a nice foot of snow lining the field!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

The Eastern semi-finals being played this weekend. Some good local match-ups being played in Middletown. Tonight #9 seed Cornwall (led by a stud freshman QB who has thrown for 24 tds. vs. 4 ints.) plays #2 seed Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake and tomorrow nights big game is class AA  #1 seed New Rochelle vs. #2 seed Shaker. Should be some good football being played by these teams. I saw Cornwall play and they have a nice program and a solid team. The Q.B. is a stud...freshman named Siemko(?)....some BNU teams had their eye on this kid but he lost some eligibility due to playing HS level as an 8th grader...it's a shame.

New Rochelle has a strong program too and spanked a solid Newburg team to make it to the finals..Don't know much about their opponents but these upstate teams usually have some nice size with a few talented kids...should be a good one with a nice foot of snow lining the field!

Was going to head up to Middletown this weekend but some things came up.  Some solid teams playing this weekend in Middletown and Mahopac  no question.  New Ro schedule wasn’t very strong this year but they did beat Newburgh as you pointed out and they also beat a NJ public this season as well, Timber Creek.  The Syracuse and Albany area schools always have some nice players as well.  Should be a good weekend of football.  

Cornwall beat a solid John Jay team last week, although JJ star QB was relegated to playing RB for that game as he suffered an injured right shoulder the week before.  Cornwall RB was a stud as well.  Will be interesting to see them vs a fully healthy team this weekend.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Was going to head up to Middletown this weekend but some things came up.  Some solid teams playing this weekend in Middletown and Mahopac  no question.  New Ro schedule wasn’t very strong this year but they did beat Newburgh as you pointed out and they also beat a NJ public this season as well, Timber Creek.  The Syracuse and Albany area schools always have some nice players as well.  Should be a good weekend of football.  

Cornwall beat a solid John Jay team last week, although JJ star QB was relegated to playing RB for that game as he suffered an injured right shoulder the week before.  Cornwall RB was a stud as well.  Will be interesting to see them vs a fully healthy team this weekend.

..too bad you couldn't make it...would have liked to meet you...and I wouldn't talk politics!..LOL..I'll give you a break down of the games...Middletown is about 15 mins. from me...I got no excuses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

..too bad you couldn't make it...would have liked to meet you...and I wouldn't talk politics!..LOL..I'll give you a break down of the games...Middletown is about 15 mins. from me...I got no excuses.

Yea was going to head up there, it’s about an hour to an hour and a half north for me, but unfortunately can’t make it this weekend.  Even for class AA, New Ro has some standout athletes that are fun to watch, although they aren’t as big up front this season as usual.  I was impressed from what I saw from Cornwall as a class A team last week when I went to Mahopac to see their regional game.  They run their offense very efficiently and attack weak spots in the defense.  You can tell they are well coached.

2 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Yea was going to head up there, it’s about an hour to an hour and a half north for me, but unfortunately can’t make it this weekend.  Even for class AA, New Ro has some standout athletes that are fun to watch, although they aren’t as big up front this season as usual.  I was impressed from what I saw from Cornwall as a class A team last week when I went to Mahopac to see their regional game.  They run their offense very efficiently and attack weak spots in the defense.  You can tell they are well coached.

they are well coached and have a nice program going there...the irony is they lost their head coach a few weeks into the season due to personal matters and an assistant stepped in and they didn't miss a beat!...says something about the system the have in place...I saw them play a bigger Minisink team this year and beat them...I was thinking about gong to Mahopac last weekend right after the Army football game but the wife looked at me like I was nuts...didn't push the issue!

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

they are well coached and have a nice program going there...the irony is they lost their head coach a few weeks into the season due to personal matters and an assistant stepped in and they didn't miss a beat!...says something about the system the have in place...I saw them play a bigger Minisink team this year and beat them...I was thinking about gong to Mahopac last weekend right after the Army football game but the wife looked at me like I was nuts...didn't push the issue!

Fair enough - my wife gives me that look often, and she’s usually right in doing so.  Yeah Cornwall hasn’t missed a beat in years - I feel like in Section IX it’s usually Newburgh in AA (Used to be Monroe Woodbury years ago), Cornwall in A, Marlboro in B, and Chester in C.  Not sure if there is a class D dynasty in Sextion IX.  

Here in Section 1 it’s usually New Rochelle in AA, class A and B always have a number of contenders, and Dobbs Ferry in C.  Always Tuckahoe vs. Haldane in class D.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Fair enough - my wife gives me that look often, and she’s usually right in doing so.  Yeah Cornwall hasn’t missed a beat in years - I feel like in Section IX it’s usually Newburgh in AA (Used to be Monroe Woodbury years ago), Cornwall in A, Marlboro in B, and Chester in C.  Not sure if there is a class D dynasty in Sextion IX.  

Here in Section 1 it’s usually New Rochelle in AA, class A and B always have a number of contenders, and Dobbs Ferry in C.  Always Tuckahoe vs. Haldane in class D.   

...you nailed it for Section IX...Marlboro plays at 3:00 tomorrow...a very solid program too....I use to live walking distance from New Ro HS...went to Iona...use to play pick up football games on the weekends with the locals...good memories.

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

...you nailed it for Section IX...Marlboro plays at 3:00 tomorrow...a very solid program too....I use to live walking distance from New Ro HS...went to Iona...use to play pick up football games on the weekends with the locals...good memories.

New Ro, Yonkers, and White Plains Youth programs fill not only the public school rosters, but Iona Prep and Stepinac rosters as well.  The majority of the ballers on Iona Prep and Stepinac come from 1 of those 3 towns.

• Like 1