Has the internet destroyed journalism

HSFBfan

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

That is mostly true, although in the south, those people exist to a greater degree than you would imagine. Be that as it may, using the computer or smart phone effectively is not as easy as we are inclined to think. It takes a degree of sophistication and discernment that many do not possess.

When the news was provided without doing any "work" on the consumer's part, those individuals were better informed. 

I hear excuses. 

i respect your opinon. 

I'll move on having expressed myself already,. 

Peace! 

19 hours ago, noonereal said:

I hear excuses. 

i respect your opinon. 

I'll move on having expressed myself already,. 

Peace! 

No worries. As long as there are people there will be differences of opinion. Open minded people don't take offense to this. And an open society embraces such differences.

What I worry about are those that would deprive others of the right to their own opinion. For whether these individuals identify with the right or the left, at heart they are totalitarian. America, at least for the majority of its residents, has never been a totalitarian society. That, and the fact that it had rapid economic growth attracted many foreigners to its shores.

Unfortunately, a large number of its current citizens don't seem to appreciate this happy set of circumstances. Thus, they don't see our current POTUS for who he is and for the path he would take us down if allowed.

I hope we don't all come to rue the day this lack of insight occurred.