Rummel Raiders 2017 Schedule

TheRealCAJ

Rummel 2017 Football Schedule

Rummel will travel to Escambia, guess that's a 2 year deal similar to Jesuit/Escambia the past 2 years.

Friday August 25 St. Paul’s (Jamboree) St. Paul’s 6:30 PM

Saturday September 2 Gulfport, MS (Yenni 7:00 PM) 

Friday September 8 Escambia (Pensacola, FL 7:00 PM) 

Saturday September 16 Riverside (Yenni 7:00 PM Friday)

September 22 Teurlings Catholic (Lafayette 7:00 PM Saturday) 

September 30 *Shaw (Homecoming Game) (Yenni 7:00 PM) 

Saturday October 7 *Holy Cross (Gormley 6:00 PM) 

Saturday October 14 *Jesuit (Gormley 6:00 PM) 

Saturday October 21 *Brother Martin (Yenni 7:00 PM) 

Friday October 27 *John Curtis (Baby Cakes Field 7:00 PM) 

Friday November 3 *St. Augustine (Baby Cakes Field (HOME))

It's an ok schedule, nothing great.....district is always tough.

We lost our OC two years ago and DC this year so you never know......we picked up a rare transfer this off season.QB from from district rival Holy Cross. Has 3 offers biggest one Memphis (that will help us)

John Curtis is the favorite in the NOLA Catholic League this year....think they return 16 or 17 starters.

Rummel adding D3 State Champ Riverside Academy to the schedule is interesting.........(14-1) last year and a Top 250 calpreps team (if you want to use that). 

Would be like Rummel playing Armwood, FL (#247 calpreps)

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/riverside-academy-rebels-(reserve,la)/football-fall-16/schedule.htm

Riverside Academy is not built like a 2A/D3 school. They did lose their HC this off season, one of the best in the state. So, there's that.

11 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I don't see how people  say this  teams  good... to be the best  u gotta  play  the  best . .. and  by looking  at this  powder puff schedule  that's going  to  be  a  negative . ..... 90% of those  teams they  are  versing  I was like wait ! Whoo? 

This is clearly your very first attempt at trying to structure a paragraph, so there's that.

Maybe post #19 will be much improved.

Curtis is the hot knife and the CL is the butter this year.  Rummel has the best shot to stop them but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Shaw will be in transition for a few years, Holy Cross might as well wear skirts to school, BM will notoriously be "almost good", Jesuit will be sound but lack the talent and St. Aug will be athletic but sporadic.  It'll be Curtis vs Rummel to determine who gets on the other side of the bracket from Evangel.

21 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Curtis is the hot knife and the CL is the butter this year.  Rummel has the best shot to stop them but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Shaw will be in transition for a few years, Holy Cross might as well wear skirts to school, BM will notoriously be "almost good", Jesuit will be sound but lack the talent and St. Aug will be athletic but sporadic.  It'll be Curtis vs Rummel to determine who gets on the other side of the bracket from Evangel.

.John Curtis has played St Aug the last 4 years.....they have all been great games

2016: Curtis 28 Aug 26

2015: Curtis 21 Aug 14

2014 Aug 15 Curtis 13

2013: Aug 29 Curtis 28

I don't ever count Aug out and they seem to match up with Curtis better than anyone here....... of late