Dabo locked in long term

Columbiafan

19 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I told you all this would happen, I said Clemson would make sure to do whatever they need to keep dabo there as long as he wanting to coach, bama will have to find someone else as a future successor to saban because Clemson is not gonna let him out the door anytime soon

Not true. Bama can buy him out without any issue and he can still come to Alabama. That was already addressed. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Not true. Bama can buy him out without any issue and he can still come to Alabama. That was already addressed. 

Currently saban only makes 100k more a year than dabo and odds are I see saban retiring within next 3 seasons 

Not only will dabo have over 50 million remaining on his contract at that point but if Clemson is basically paying what saban makes currently the odds are Clemson will match any offer by bama

That's too much money for dabo to walk away from when he is already pulling in talent at same level as bama is, Clemson has established themselves as the next college football dynasty 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Currently saban only makes 100k more a year than dabo and odds are I see saban retiring within next 3 seasons 

Not only will dabo have over 50 million remaining on his contract at that point but if Clemson is basically paying what saban makes currently the odds are Clemson will match any offer by bama

That's too much money for dabo to walk away from when he is already pulling in talent at same level as bama is, Clemson has established themselves as the next college football dynasty 

I'm just telling you the reports are the buyout can easily be paid for by Alabama. And nick saban will be at alabama for more than 3 more seasons. Dont be surprised if hes there for another decade. 

If he wants to come back to Alabama and bring championships to his alma mater sometimes that means more than anything. 

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm just telling you the reports are the buyout can easily be paid for by Alabama. And nick saban will be at alabama for more than 3 more seasons. Dont be surprised if hes there for another decade. 

If he wants to come back to Alabama and bring championships to his alma mater sometimes that means more than anything. 

Saban has said previously he doesn't plan to coach till he drops on the sideline

He's already 67 and looks to be nearly 80

In what reality is he gonna coach another decade? I get bama fanbase loves him but be realistic and enjoy the time left on the sideline because it won't last forever

It could happen but I don't see it happening, especially if saban only coaches another 3 or 4 years which will leave over 50 million on the current contract from Clemson

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Saban has said previously he doesn't plan to coach till he drops on the sideline

He's already 67 and looks to be nearly 80

In what reality is he gonna coach another decade? I get bama fanbase loves him but be realistic and enjoy the time left on the sideline because it won't last forever

It could happen but I don't see it happening, especially if saban only coaches another 3 or 4 years which will leave over 50 million on the current contract from Clemson

Looks to be nearly 80?? Dude just had hip surgery and is already at practice and got rid of his Walker after 1 day. Saban has said so many times he plans on coaching for years and that his wife doesnt want him home. Saban before hip surgery said he is having the surgery because he wants to coach for a long long time. He looks nowhere near 80. He played a round of golf before going for hip surgery. 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Except for the fact that dabo may be out of reach

You have to realize that bama may not be able to get dabo so they need a plan b

Who will that plan b be?

It certainly shouldn't be pruitt.

I would try for jimbo if/when hes fired from TAMU or of course kirby smart when he fired from uga

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Absolutely. He wont bring them a national championship so hell be fired like mark richt was fired. 

Yeah but richt was never really that close to bringing them one either

Smart got them a hell a lot closer to it than Mark Richt ever did

You could end up being right and smart to bama would make a lot of sense honestly

I see that being much more likely than dabo to bama as Smart isn't gonna be considered as valuable to UGA as dabo is at Clemson 

Hell even if smart somehow won a championship he still wouldn't be as valuable to UGA as dabo is at Clemson

Yeah but richt was never really that close to bringing them one either

Smart got them a hell a lot closer to it than Mark Richt ever did

You could end up being right and smart to bama would make a lot of sense honestly

I see that being much more likely than dabo to bama as Smart isn't gonna be considered as valuable to UGA as dabo is at Clemson 

Hell even if smart somehow won a championship he still wouldn't be as valuable to UGA as dabo is at Clemson

Smart was an assistant under Saban so was jimbo. 

I still believe dabo would like to come back to the alma mater and win championships there. But finebaum has a point in that the ACC is a joke compared to the sec. And his path is a lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I still believe dabo would like to come back to the alma mater and win championships there. But finebaum has a point in that the ACC is a joke compared to the sec. And his path is a lot easier. 

Path is pretty damn easy either way 

Only difference is bama would have a tougher opponent in conference championship but both Clemson and bama are light years better than the rest of their conference divisions

Path is pretty damn easy either way 

Only difference is bama would have a tougher opponent in conference championship but both Clemson and bama are light years better than the rest of their conference divisions

Alabama faces significantly better teams than Clemson does all year. 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have a feeling bama will probably try to get saban to convince someone to be his replacement so either of them could be a very likely scenario

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Alabama faces significantly better teams than Clemson does all year. 

Who? LSU?

LSU has proven that no matter how much 5 stars they recruit they have no chance in hell of beating bama

Miss state was putting up a fight with Mullen but they aren't a threat anymore

Ole Miss had a run with a few good classes but don't have same level anymore

Maybe auburn in some years but they also a rival so of course they gonna be dangerous each year even if just for that one game

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Saban will decide who replaces him without a doubt somewhere in the 10 years from now range. 

What would be interesting is if either of those 2 get fired while saban still there could we see bama hire them as a assistant and groom them with the program and have them taking over from within once saban retires

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What would be interesting is if either of those 2 get fired while saban still there could we see bama hire them as a assistant and groom them with the program and have them taking over from within once saban retires

Idk if they will come back to Alabama as an assistant again. 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Who? LSU?

LSU has proven that no matter how much 5 stars they recruit they have no chance in hell of beating bama

Miss state was putting up a fight with Mullen but they aren't a threat anymore

Ole Miss had a run with a few good classes but don't have same level anymore

Maybe auburn in some years but they also a rival so of course they gonna be dangerous each year even if just for that one game

You just named 3 teams that are top 25 teams. Miss state LSU and Auburn. 

Those 3 teams are better than any team the acc has outside of Clemson. Lsu whipped Miami last year in week 1. 

Wait til Mullen gets Florida going.