SJR beats Bosco in epic comeback in driving rain 8-5

SJR89

had to leave at the beggining of 3rd to get on a work call...it was 5-2 bosco....game was sloppy particularly on SJR side....tunrovers, failed clears etc....Solleder from Bosco had 3 goals and the game seemed to be what it was...then I left....found out SJR wins 8-5.  Locked down solleder, SJR goalie Zevardian played a great game....

@Gardensateballer

@imaGoodBoyNow

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

had to leave at the beggining of 3rd to get on a work call...it was 5-2 bosco....game was sloppy particularly on SJR side....tunrovers, failed clears etc....Solleder from Bosco had 3 goals and the game seemed to be what it was...then I left....found out SJR wins 8-5.  Locked down solleder, SJR goalie Zevardian played a great game....

@Gardensateballer

@imaGoodBoyNow

Ha...10 years ago  if you told me we beat Bergen And Bosco in football in same year I thought u would be lieing now add on beating both those teams in Lacrosse as well haha

times are changing 

On 5/14/2019 at 7:05 PM, SJR89 said:

@Gardensateballer

@imaGoodBoyNow

Niko Kross was just Voted Top Freshman In all of NJ

3E7BF4D0-7F80-4D22-AEA3-DA37C70C1DA1.png

On 5/14/2019 at 11:04 PM, Drummer61 said:

How do you mean epic ???.......Better look up that word as it always over used.....

in the sense that the game was tilted in bosco winning.....clear advantage in shots, possessions, clears etc....long possesions on offense...on the other hand....turnovers by SJR, falied cleared attempts, loss of possessions, very short offensive sets, bad shot selections...etc...for almost 3 quarters this was the narrative..and anyone with lax sense would say the game was going away for bosco by chiiping away for a 9-4 win...etc,,,,,,but cold stone stop their offense at 5 and come back from scoring just 2 goals but winning by 8-5...yes that is epic....7 -1 run in the second half....yes that is epic considering how both played the first half........not overused in this instance.....

Don Bosco Prep at St. Joseph

Don Bosco Prep at St. Joseph (Mont.)

Tue, May 14, 2019, 4:15 p.m. 
  • Team 1 2 3 4 Final
    Don Bosco Prep
    2 2 1 0 5
    St. Joseph (Mont.)
    1 0 4 3 8
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:05 PM, SJR89 said:

@Gardensateballer

@imaGoodBoyNow

Great day from the Boys From Montvale 

Baseball has another thriller down to the last inning 

and lax Completely wipes 🧻 the floor SJV 18-4

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Great day from the Boys From Montvale 

Baseball has another thriller down to the last inning 

and lax Completely wipes 🧻 the floor SJV 18-4

I can honestly say I think We got the Best Sophomore class in NJ ... that 2021 class is gonna have multiple impact players in that class for years to come

SJR has been promoted to the Gibbs division for lax.  We had several goals as a program several years ago... 

1. Get more lax focused players  - check 

2. Win the battle of football / lax players - check 

3.  Beat your rivals - check 

4 .  Get to the Gibbs division -  check 

5 win State / County / league  - League check 

great job by the kids and tremendous job by Coach Daponte  and staff.  The future is bright 

• Thanks 1