Tri-State gurus only, even tho SPP won by 20...

imaGoodBoyNow

EH has some individual talent, and will probably be one of the favorites to win their NYC public school league. They did not look good at all in their 1 scrimmage they lost to Iona Prep, but I am assuming this game vs SPP is their first game of the year.  I did not see this game vs SPP, but usually Erasmus has some skill guys to give some teams matchup problems.  Can’t comment on this particular game vs SPP as I did not see it at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

EH is better than CH, SA or IP, the three teams playing in next weekend’s Battle for the Bridges event. SPP has outscored its first two opponents 68-0. Looking good. 

They were not better than Iona Prep last week in their head to head scrimmage.  Iona Prep won 14-7.  Was played as a game like condition...Play was largely even with Iona making fewer mistakes.

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sorry, I just don’t buy scrimmage results. Time will tell. 

Unfortunately because of crappy NYS lack of true playoffs, time will not tell.  They will not play each other.  But I can say I saw that scrimmage in person.  It was played like a regular game and EH was not better than Iona Prep in any phase and ultimately lost 14-7.  So I will go by what I saw.  Granted because of very late season start times both were unpolished, but I can confidently say at best the teams were evenly matched (Being generous to EH here).  Their coaching is suspect as well.

• Like 1