Whiteshoes Top 100 - September 24, 2019

whiteshoes

13 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yes, both teams had subs in...that was my point. The game was conceded late and Iggy' s 3rd string RB fumbled into the End zone while trying to kill the clock. At that point it was 35-0, and it felt like a 35-0 game to me. 

Also I wouldn't judge Mentor too much on their close score with Iggy. Mentor has always been all offense and no defense, and like a lot of Cen10 teams, Mentor usually has to outscore good teams. 

The game was officially over when Ignatius QB Hanna got injured on the strip sack late in the first half and saw the Wildcats go down 28-0 on the turnover.  Then the sophomore comes in, promptly throws an interception, and Dematha definitively slams the door shut with a TD pass to go up 35-0 at half. Not sure why they would let a kid who had no varsity action come out throwing the football. Anyway, this is not to say that Ignatius could have righted the ship against the Dematha defense in the second half with their starter at QB, but that would have been their only chance to at least make the final look respectable. 

As far as rankings, I agree that Dematha should be ahead of Mentor in the polls. Mentor can score with anyone, but as you said, they give up a ton to good teams. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Why would you say that?

They would be extreme Kong’s hits against The Beasts but would be favored vs everyone else 

I would have added “solidly” but think JSerra’s best team can hang with a hobbled Devil 

PS. There’s a good chance they get to play socal #3 in December (if they can there) so we can defer debate until then