Colquitt Slips By Alcovy - Wins Homecoming !!!!

Rufus69

Well....HawgGoneIt got the job done.  I was afeared right up to the opening whistle.   Then the Hawgs started to get it going.  Slowly at first...but they gradually gained momentum and finally held on to win.  

Another One Bites The Dust.

Justin Rogers gets his 50th win as an HC....and Colquitt goes to 5-1 for the season.   One more non-Region game to go before the REAL football starts.  That's Trinity Christian out of Jacksonville FL.  I'm pretty sure they're the No.1 team in the Sunshine state.  At least that's the rumor I'm spreading.  Not sure how my poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs will line up against the MONSTERS from Jacksonville...but I have it on good authority...we ain't gonna forfeit.

A win is a win is a win......

Rufus>>

I was happy to see the youngins get into the game. I mean the real youngins. The last quarter and couple of touchdowns had a 9th grader at center. Dylan Holweiger. He's gonna be a beast. He just learned on the way home from the JV win yesterday that he earned a varsity number. 

Certainly the game had a strange feel to it. Albeit, a lot of stuff feels strange this year. Different coach, different team attitude, so a different feel. 

My buddy Matt Gould's daughter Chloe was the homecoming queen... Well I call him a buddy anyway. He's really friendly when accepting my payments as the physician's assistant at Colquitt Regional Primary Care.  

Always great when you can put 52 on the board and see the clock run for the second half pretty much after a strangely long 1st half. Jaycee passes for 5 tds. Not sure the exact yardage, but, he did get to pad a little on his stats tonight. Good for him. 

Kiel Pollard was down trying to entice Daijun Edwards to South Carolina. I got onto him about that. Told him that I hated having to pull for them while he was there already... Not sure if I can stand 4 or more years of having to keep up with them. Lol. I think he's gonna make a great college coach somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

KP is one of my favorite Packers of all time.  He was a BEAST from the 9th grade thru the 12th.  And when he talks...people at Colquitt should listen....LOL.  Truthfully...Daijun could pick a lot worse HC to play for than Coach Boom.  Muschamp is a player's coach.   When he talks...hell, he doesn't even hafta talk...he can just give ya the Gruden death stare....(Smile).  I don't pull for the Roosters...but I don't mind when they win against other teams...not named Georgia.

So we FINALLY get to our last non-Region game.  We should be able to put a competitive team on the field to line up against them MONSTERS from Jacksonville.  Rab says every D-Back they got is D1.  Rab says they got more talent than Marietta and a better HC.  Rab says their 3-4 record is misleading and that they should be 7-0.

This will be uncharted territory.

I figure the Hawg Pen will be rocking to AC DC and "Back in Black". (A little Angus never hurt anybody).  "Doc" said we might just slide across the river to watch a little practice if we can get away with it.  Oh, one last thing...and it's just for you and nobody else......

Either you're tough...or you're not.

Rufus>>

72149049_2708952972449466_7870801185106558976_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

KP is one of my favorite Packers of all time.  He was a BEAST from the 9th grade thru the 12th.  And when he talks...people at Colquitt should listen....LOL.  Truthfully...Daijun could pick a lot worse HC to play for than Coach Boom.  Muschamp is a player's coach.   When he talks...hell, he doesn't even hafta talk...he can just give ya the Gruden death stare....(Smile).  I don't pull for the Roosters...but I don't mind when they win against other teams...not named Georgia.

So we FINALLY get to our last non-Region game.  We should be able to put a competitive team on the field to line up against them MONSTERS from Jacksonville.  Rab says every D-Back they got is D1.  Rab says they got more talent than Marietta and a better HC.  Rab says their 3-4 record is misleading and that they should be 7-0.

This will be uncharted territory.

I figure the Hawg Pen will be rocking to AC DC and "Back in Black". (A little Angus never hurt anybody).  "Doc" said we might just slide across the river to watch a little practice if we can get away with it.  Oh, one last thing...and it's just for you and nobody else......

Either you're tough...or you're not.

Rufus>>

72149049_2708952972449466_7870801185106558976_n.jpg

Ouch. I guess you did have some scissor work done. Looks like went and git got. 

Hawg...I gotta tell ya....it was a tad more than I thought it would be.   Dr. Cognetta in Tallahassee is one of the premier MOHS surgeons on this side of the Rockies.  I thought I would be "in and out" and could go about my normal business with limited discomfort.  A misjudgment on my part.  BUT...I had it done on a Thursday morning...finished up about 11:45 am.  Went back to the hotel...took (2) Aleve (didn't get it from Rush)...checked out Friday morning...drove to South Georgia...and attended the Grayson game.  

Then when I got back on the Island...the true discomfort kicked in.

The silver lining here....is Ms. Violet is learning the CORRECT way to mix margaritas....(Smile).

Man...the things we do to try to live a few days longer.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1