Lowndes Week Starts Tomorrow...

Rufus69

Colquitt got to enjoy one full day of Friday night's win over Tift County.  It was sweet but it was short.  Sunday morning...the 2019 season comes to the forefront like it has many, many times before.  It ALL comes down to Colquitt and Lowndes.  You fellers think MD and SJB means something?  You don't have a clue.  I don't like using the "war" analogy...but November 1st...in the Concrete Spittoon...in front of an SRO crowd...the game of football will be played.  And it will be a WAR.

There will be fan interaction.  There always is.  There will be penalty flags..of the 15 yard variety.  There always is.  Hell...there may even be binoculars.  Hopefully...there won't be any ejections.  There have been in the past.  But we need all our guys whether we end up with the 1st seed or the 2nd.   A lot of gurus say this is their best team since 2005.  I wouldn't even attempt to argue against it.  But...our bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs from Norman Park are gonna line up and try to do the impossible.  

Colquitt vs Lowndes

This is why God started high school football.

Gospel.....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Rufus, are you trying to suggest that this game is sort of a big deal? 

There won't be any tickets for sale on Craigslist for 300 dollars. Or some other place for 250... The reason why, probably isn't what people think though. The folks that buy theses tickets fully fucking intend on having their ass in the stadium to see the game. 

They say the place holds 12k. I believe that will be tested on Friday.  10 foot tall or so friggen concrete walls containing the players of the game and elevating the fans above it all. 

Elevated to behold the spectacle that is high school football as folks zip by on the interstate, seeing the lights but mostly oblivious to the sheer amount of emotion housed under those lights and inside that concrete colliseum on that night. 

You are right sir. The game of football will be played. May that south Georgia night sky smile upon us and not them. 

And may every brass section Bridgman have a banana shoved squarely and tightly into their horn. xD

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Rufus, are you trying to suggest that this game is sort of a big deal? 

There won't be any tickets for sale on Craigslist for 300 dollars. Or some other place for 250... The reason why, probably isn't what people think though. The folks that buy theses tickets fully fucking intend on having their ass in the stadium to see the game. 

They say the place holds 12k. I believe that will be tested on Friday.  10 foot tall or so friggen concrete walls containing the players of the game and elevating the fans above it all. 

Elevated to behold the spectacle that is high school football as folks zip by on the interstate, seeing the lights but mostly oblivious to the sheer amount of emotion housed under those lights and inside that concrete colliseum on that night. 

You are right sir. The game of football will be played. May that south Georgia night sky smile upon us and not them. 

And may every brass section Bridgman have a banana shoved squarely and tightly into their horn. xD

I realize that people in other states don't understand the frenzy that is South Georgia football.  And that's cool.  I had a semi-friend from Texas tell me...he understood...cause that's ALL we got to do in God's Country.  Well...he's partially right.  We do have boggin...and tractor pulls...social church services...and the occasional alcohol aided dove shoot.  But those are "acquired tastes".

High school football is King.  And it's good to be King.

To be honest...Lowndes and Colquitt go back many a year.  Even thru to the Dark Days of Singletary and Cokely.   In the beginning...Lowndes wasn't even an afterthought until Joe Wilson (Valdosta High School) took over the program.  But when Rush came in 2008...it all started to change drastically.   I think the GAVSV had a tremendous influence on the revived rivalry.  Fan bases down here are...if you'll forgive my terminology.....RABID.   They can be brutal.  And...we were.  A very strong..."dislike"...emanated from all the rhetoric on the sports message boards.  It became a win at all costs scenario.  It became an... embarrass the other side if you can...get away with it.  While the furor has evened out amongst the players and coaches...IT HAS NOT AMONGST THE FANS.

This Friday night...if history holds...something will happen to stir the echoes of games past...and "disagreements" will run rampant on the visitor's side.  Lowndes probably has around 800 reserved seats over there.  And many times they just sit amongst the Packer fanatics for spite.  A perfect storm.  And I haven't even mentioned their 500 member walking band.  I would say that the LHS band director doesn't have a daddy...but that would be inappropriate...so I'm not gonna say it.

Finally...I would tell all the gurus from other states...if you could only catch one Georgia football game a year...the Colquitt/Lowndes...or the Lowndes/Colquitt...would be it.  I mean...if you like REAL... till the bitter end... football.

Rufus>>

Rufus, this is small market stuff.

Sammyswordsman's interns weren't impressed by highlights of Lowndes @ Camden. Highlights. Hahaha.

Oh woe is us!

Back onto my previous "joke" about shoving bananas squarely into the bridgemen brass section horns... 

This is the best I could do at saving/screenshotting a post from the Bridgemen band director, post Camden, and a followup by the td club.

20191027_111914.thumb.jpg.4a5480287e0ff57a625e25772375f75f.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-111022_Chrome.thumb.jpg.87d4459f0a9a3251c7e94f6e549a587d.jpg

Here's to hoping we don't get "beat by the band." 

L4Z9MpCX1g-8.png.aa467a98cf516305894a8e5fdfc94470.png

That's something else a lot of people don't understand.  It's bad enough playing a school with 100-150 member band who play when you're team is on offense straight across the field from them.  But...The Lowndes County Walking Band is 500 members strong.  They don't annoy...they disrupt.  The refs should just go ahead and throw the flag on them before the game starts...cause they're gonna break the rules...GUARANTEED.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1