The Madness Has Started On Amelia Island

Rufus69

We're being invaded by Georgia/Florida fans.  It's Tuesday and they're already coming in.  By Thursday...you won't be able to walk Centre Street of get a table at any of the restaurants due to this infestation.  And I'm here to tell ya...there's nothing worse than an obnoxious Gator fan...unless, of course...if it's an obnoxious Dawg fan.

OK...OK...for full disclosure...I fall into the second category.  BUT I already live here !!!!  We got enough crazies on the Island now.  And to add insult to injury....the City Council passed an ordinance allowing Auburn fans to move in.  Several of us are putting a recall petition together for that very reason.  But I digress.....

If Florida wins...it'll be bad.  A tad hard to live with.  But if Georgia wins...it'll be a LOT worse.  Most Georgia fans don't get out much...so they don't know how to act or deal with prosperity.  To be honest...we ain't really had to worry about that a whole lot in past years.  The Gators have pretty much had our number.  I had a Florida fan tell me yesterday at the Amelia "Y"...."Rufus, I figure Georgia has TWO chances.  Slim and none.  And Slim was seen on I-10 heading to Texas."

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

We're being invaded by Georgia/Florida fans.  It's Tuesday and they're already coming in.  By Thursday...you won't be able to walk Centre Street of get a table at any of the restaurants due to this infestation.  And I'm here to tell ya...there's nothing worse than an obnoxious Gator fan...unless, of course...if it's an obnoxious Dawg fan.

OK...OK...for full disclosure...I fall into the second category.  BUT I already live here !!!!  We got enough crazies on the Island now.  And to add insult to injury....the City Council passed an ordinance allowing Auburn fans to move in.  Several of us are putting a recall petition together for that very reason.  But I digress.....

If Florida wins...it'll be bad.  A tad hard to live with.  But if Georgia wins...it'll be a LOT worse.  Most Georgia fans don't get out much...so they don't know how to act or deal with prosperity.  To be honest...we ain't really had to worry about that a whole lot in past years.  The Gators have pretty much had our number.  I had a Florida fan tell me yesterday at the Amelia "Y"...."Rufus, I figure Georgia has TWO chances.  Slim and none.  And Slim was seen on I-10 heading to Texas."

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

I’m supposed to be in Amelia Island for a wedding Sunday. Is it even worth it to drive down Saturday? 

2 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I’m supposed to be in Amelia Island for a wedding Sunday. Is it even worth it to drive down Saturday? 

Yes sir....come on down.  Just wear Florida gym shorts with a Georgia visor.  You'll be fine !!!!

Is the wedding on the beach?

Rufus>>