I'm Off My Suspension...

Rufus69

Ms. Violet pretty much banned me for the weekend.  I talked her into letting me post a tad today.  I know you gurus are elated about that.  Just a few quick thoughts on what I've heard....

1.  Rab has not fired Justin Rogers as of this morning.  Now...he has eluded to it...but he hasn't actually dropped the hammer.  Losing Tay pretty much sealed our doom...but in AAAAAAA ball...you hafta have somebody ready to step up.  Lowndes outplayed us in the 2nd half...plain and simple.  So we head into the playoff picture as the No.2 seed.  And assuming (yes I'm laughing) Hillgrove beats North Cobb next Friday...we get the Hawks in Norman Park the following week.  If North Cobb pulls out the rabbit's foot...we get them.  To be completely honest...I NEVER like losing to the Vikings.  It's like a sucker punch to the gut.  But if I look at the brackets for the 2nd seed in Region 1....it ain't the end of the world.  I mean...it's doable...if we maintain our focus and health.  There's nothing like the Georgia AAAAAAA playoffs.  They're a different animal.  But we wouldn't have it any other way.

2.  The Georgia O-Line did something I just didn't think they could do.  Did you fellers see Jake Fromm's uni at the end of the game?  Nary a stain of dirt/grass.  That's simply hard to frigging believe.  The Gators are the "sackmasters" of the SEC.  But Fromm was never really under much duress.  And 20/30 for 279 and 2 TDs...kinda proves it.  Almost as impressive...the Dawg defense held Florida to a net 29 yards rushing.  And most of that came late in the 4th Qtr when we were in prevent pass defense.  The only thing I can fret about is FGs instead of TDs.  That bothers me...but when we get the "W"...I can let it slide.  But somewhere down the line....

3.  The Mighty Mercer Bears...who have struggled somewhat this year...beat Samford in OT.  They beat Samford.  Even Bobby Bowden was impressed.  And speaking of Bobby B...I don't think he's gonna be able to save "The Tag" this year.  He saved him last year...but the Noles are awful in 2019.  And that's not an exaggeration.  I have suggested that FSU fire Tag and hire James Coley as their new HC.  Yes...the same James Coley that is currently the Dawg's OC.  Before you even start...I'm just trying to help.  Of course, then I hafta talk Kirby into bringing back Mike Bobo (he's about to get fired at Colorado State) as OC for Georgia.  Not everybody is on board...but screw'em.  We need TDs.

4.  Don't get too excited about the CFB committee poll coming out Tuesday.  Way too much football to be played before things get serious.  My prediction (which I don't agree with) is the committee will do the following....in order....Ohio State...LSU...Bama...Penn State.  Oh...with Notre Dame within striking distance...LOL.  Obviously...LSU/Bama next week is gonna be huge !!!!   A lot of 1 loss teams are gonna get their feelings hurt when the final poll comes out.

Well...I'm gonna run for now.  Hopefully, Ms. Violet will loosen her grip on the computer keys...and I can post more later.  I reckon we'll see....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Ms. Violet pretty much banned me for the weekend.  I talked her into letting me post a tad today.  I know you gurus are elated about that.  Just a few quick thoughts on what I've heard....

1.  Rab has not fired Justin Rogers as of this morning.  Now...he has eluded to it...but he hasn't actually dropped the hammer.  Losing Tay pretty much sealed our doom...but in AAAAAAA ball...you hafta have somebody ready to step up.  Lowndes outplayed us in the 2nd half...plain and simple.  So we head into the playoff picture as the No.2 seed.  And assuming (yes I'm laughing) Hillgrove beats North Cobb next Friday...we get the Hawks in Norman Park the following week.  If North Cobb pulls out the rabbit's foot...we get them.  To be completely honest...I NEVER like losing to the Vikings.  It's like a sucker punch to the gut.  But if I look at the brackets for the 2nd seed in Region 1....it ain't the end of the world.  I mean...it's doable...if we maintain our focus and health.  There's nothing like the Georgia AAAAAAA playoffs.  They're a different animal.  But we wouldn't have it any other way.

2.  The Georgia O-Line did something I just didn't think they could do.  Did you fellers see Jake Fromm's uni at the end of the game?  Nary a stain of dirt/grass.  That's simply hard to frigging believe.  The Gators are the "sackmasters" of the SEC.  But Fromm was never really under much duress.  And 20/30 for 279 and 2 TDs...kinda proves it.  Almost as impressive...the Dawg defense held Florida to a net 29 yards rushing.  And most of that came late in the 4th Qtr when we were in prevent pass defense.  The only thing I can fret about is FGs instead of TDs.  That bothers me...but when we get the "W"...I can let it slide.  But somewhere down the line....

3.  The Mighty Mercer Bears...who have struggled somewhat this year...beat Samford in OT.  They beat Samford.  Even Bobby Bowden was impressed.  And speaking of Bobby B...I don't think he's gonna be able to save "The Tag" this year.  He saved him last year...but the Noles are awful in 2019.  And that's not an exaggeration.  I have suggested that FSU fire Tag and hire James Coley as their new HC.  Yes...the same James Coley that is currently the Dawg's OC.  Before you even start...I'm just trying to help.  Of course, then I hafta talk Kirby into bringing back Mike Bobo (he's about to get fired at Colorado State) as OC for Georgia.  Not everybody is on board...but screw'em.  We need TDs.

4.  Don't get too excited about the CFB committee poll coming out Tuesday.  Way too much football to be played before things get serious.  My prediction (which I don't agree with) is the committee will do the following....in order....Ohio State...LSU...Bama...Penn State.  Oh...with Notre Dame within striking distance...LOL.  Obviously...LSU/Bama next week is gonna be huge !!!!   A lot of 1 loss teams are gonna get their feelings hurt when the final poll comes out.

Well...I'm gonna run for now.  Hopefully, Ms. Violet will loosen her grip on the computer keys...and I can post more later.  I reckon we'll see....

Rufus>>

Clemson will be #4. Penn St. #5, Georgia #6... Clemson has been destroying teams recently and Lawrence is playing better.

Although Penn St. has the better overall resume so who knows.

A Hillgrove vs Colquitt 1st Rd game will be dangerous for Colquitt. Hillgrove is better than they played vs Marietta.

Georgias upcoming schedule of Missouri, Auburn, & TAMU will be tough.

Missouri is capable as theyve shown. Although their last 2 games vs Vandy & UK have been disasters. 

Auburn at Jordan Hare Stadium will be the toughest remaining game.

TAMU is playing better the 2nd half of the season.

And we should crush GT.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

No mention of who dropped Appalachian State from the ranks of the unbeaten?

45 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Georgias upcoming schedule of Missouri, Auburn, & TAMU will be tough.

Missouri is capable as theyve shown. Although their last 2 games vs Vandy & UK have been disasters. 

Auburn at Jordan Hare Stadium will be the toughest remaining game.

TAMU is playing better the 2nd half of the season.

And we should crush GT.

The irony is...we play pretty durn good at the Barn.

I'm more worried about Jimbo.............

Rufus>>