Whoever FSU hires must...

181pl

In my opinion, do a much better job of keeping players from the State of Florida in Florida.  Florida does not produce as many high level QBs as GA, TX, and California. Almost every one of them leaves. The new FSU coach can make it a priority to keep these guys around. If they have pride in their state and stay, I think it means more and they may play a little harder and have some more desire. 

Same thing with O-Lineman. Florida has plenty of skill players on both sides of the ball to share with the nation, but we don't have enough QBs and O-Lineman and FSU's new coach should make it a priority to keep these guys. Right now they have a good commit from Jeff Sims from Jacksonville. Hopefully he stays committed.

I'd love to see a state school put up a fight for Beck (or the Gators or UM). Same thing with Plant's Tucker Gleason. Why not USF, UCF, etc? Ga. Tech is a good school, no doubt, but we have plenty of good in-state schools that play football. 

Same thing with the Lineman. Georgia seems to pluck a lot of our high profile O-Lineman, like Isiah Wynn and John Theus back in the day.

Just my 2 cents. I think this has gotten away from the State of Florida for a while now. Hopefully with Mullen at UF and whoever FSU hires (hopefully an established high profile guy), this can be corrected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

In my opinion, do a much better job of keeping players from the State of Florida in Florida.  Florida does not produce as many high level QBs as GA, TX, and California. Almost every one of them leaves. The new FSU coach can make it a priority to keep these guys around. If they have pride in their state and stay, I think it means more and they may play a little harder and have some more desire. 

Same thing with O-Lineman. Florida has plenty of skill players on both sides of the ball to share with the nation, but we don't have enough QBs and O-Lineman and FSU's new coach should make it a priority to keep these guys. Right now they have a good commit from Jeff Sims from Jacksonville. Hopefully he stays committed.

I'd love to see a state school put up a fight for Beck (or the Gators or UM). Same thing with Plant's Tucker Gleason. Why not USF, UCF, etc? Ga. Tech is a good school, no doubt, but we have plenty of good in-state schools that play football. 

Same thing with the Lineman. Georgia seems to pluck a lot of our high profile O-Lineman, like Isiah Wynn and John Theus back in the day.

Just my 2 cents. I think this has gotten away from the State of Florida for a while now. Hopefully with Mullen at UF and whoever FSU hires (hopefully an established high profile guy), this can be corrected. 

Alot of it has to do with the programs success... 

Florida is obviously the best right now... 

Miami is in a weird position 

And FSU is in an even weirder one...