The world of conspiracies...

DBP66

Top Diplomat Testified Pompeo Called Hannity About Yovanovitch Smears

Justin Baragona 17 hours ago

•  
18564d1d5f62b4748eb5197ccfd787c8

David Hale, the under secretary of state for political affairs, said in his closed-door impeachment testimony that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called Fox News host Sean Hannity last spring to ask about the smear campaign launched against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, according to a transcript that was made public Monday night.

Discussing efforts by Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani and pro-Trump media to besmirch the reputation of Yovanovitch ahead of her ouster as ambassador, Hale noted that Pompeo spoke to Giuliani twice in late March regarding the allegations.

At the time, conservative columnist John Solomon had reported that former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko said Yovanovitch had given him a “do not prosecute list.” (Lutsenko would later walk back that claim.)

Hale, the third-ranking official in the State Department, then testified he was aware that Hannity was pushing this particular narrative on his Fox News primetime program, and that Pompeo contacted the conservative star.

“It did come up at some point with the secretary,” Hale said. “I understood that he did call Sean Hannity.”

Asked what he understood Pompeo said to Hannity, Hale claimed that if there are any allegations, “I need to see what the evidence is.”

Hale further declared that no one within the State Department thought the allegations that were being spread about Yovanovitch had any credibility or validity. At the same time, he acknowledged that despite the belief there was no basis behind the smears, the word got back to Yovanovitch there would be no statement of support for her.

44 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Top Diplomat Testified Pompeo Called Hannity About Yovanovitch Smears

Hale said. “I understood that he did call Sean Hannity.”

QUICK QUESTION......do you ever cut and past any headlines that are NOT.... hearsay and rumor? 🤡

BTW:  You might want to stock up on some popcorn...

November 18, 2019

Chairman Graham Announces Hearing on DOJ Inspector General’s Report on FISA Abuse Investigation

DOJ Inspector General Horowitz to Testify Publicly on Dec. 11

WASHINGTON – Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz will testify before the Committee on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.

The Inspector General will discuss the findings of his investigation into DOJ and FBI’s conduct during the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant process as it relates to the 2016 presidential election.

“I appreciate all the hard work by Mr. Horowitz and his team regarding the Carter Page FISA warrant application and the counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign.

“Mr. Horowitz will be appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on December 11, where he will deliver a detailed report of what he found regarding his investigation, along with recommendations as to how to make our judicial and investigative systems better.

“I look forward to hearing from him. He is a good man that has served our nation well.”

🍿

• Haha 1