Cathage TX 42, La Vega TX 28
Pleasant Grove TX 35, Wimberley TX 21
Grandview TX 42, Pottsboro TX 35
Gunter TX 43, Omaha Pewitt TX 22

Upcoming
Westlake TX, Denton Guyer TX
St. Thomas Aquinas FL, St. Louis HI

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Yep, I actually had a 1 game lead on you with two games left and then Guyer and STL lost... C'est la vie.

I made couple really bad picks this week.  Went with who I wanted to win in several games, not necessarily who I thought would win.  Mainly DV and Pewit in that regard.

You did run into some bad luck losing to Cal preps in the first round.

Which other game did you lose?

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I made couple really bad picks this week.  Went with who I wanted to win in several games, not necessarily who I thought would win.  Mainly DV and Pewit in that regard.

You did run into some bad luck losing to Cal preps in the first round.

Which other game did you lose?

Both Denton teams and STL were my 3 losses.

I can’t believe so many people went with STL - They don’t play against Florida STA type athletes hardly ever.  

I know many of you on this form get tired of me talking about national rankings.  We have system now that is based on preseason and previous season(s) assumptions. Who’s teams are not truly evaluated until the last game of the season and the clock reads 0:00

STL gets love for beating this BG team - simply put a lot of teams can do that - Again assumptions that BG was special.  Therefore the assumption moved to STL team being special #6 ranking was bogus. 

I highly respect STA and what they have done over the years.  This team does not have the type of offensive team to beat the top 4 team (2 from Cali and 2 from Texas) IMO 

Way too many assumptions being placed on SFA - who had couple quality games and that was it.  No playoffs - just too many unknowns to even consider them top 5.

IMG - probably the biggest national bust of season.  They simply was way down this year -  They missed on the QB and I don’t believe this team was coached up this particular season.  

If I had Tier System 

Tier 1 would be -  SJB, MD, NS, DV, STA

my opinion is I would award STA for going unbeaten and put * as I don’t believe they would beat the other 4

The other 4 are likely 50/50 games IMO

• Like 1