*Official 2008 LT Thread*

ChimpGrip

The one post i'll make about 2020 LT in this thread....

Offense should be balanced and the OL is the biggest since 2009. Running game and defense should be solid as well. This could be the fastest, most athletic defense since 2016. Maybe just as talented but that is not known at this time. Word is that this could be one of the best defenses in LT history, but we'll see. Only concern is QB - starter is out for now but the backup has plenty of potential. Hopefully he enters the scene like Baker Mayfield in 2011. Will know more by late tomorrow night!

56 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

looks like North Shore has some rust to shake. So far, they definitely don't look as good without Evans out there on offense but lets see how the team progresses. They didn't look great in the opener last year either. 

I thought the two NS running backs looked damn good.  Both of them are more explosive than Evans ever was.  They just don't have his size.  Other than getting burned on slants in the first half, and one run up the middle when the NS linebacker stunted out of the hole, their defense shut down SC's offense.  NS will be fine.  They won't be challenged until a few rounds deep in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

I thought the two NS running backs looked damn good.  Both of them are more explosive than Evans ever was.  They just don't have his size.  Other than getting burned on slants in the first half, and one run up the middle when the NS linebacker stunted out of the hole, their defense shut down SC's offense.  NS will be fine.  They won't be challenged until a few rounds deep in the playoffs.

Oh know I don't think something is wrong, just not as good as the team they had last year and the super team they had in 2018. NS could very well go unbeaten again in 2020 and it would not surprise me.

4 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Oh know I don't think something is wrong, just not as good as the team they had last year and the super team they had in 2018. NS could very well go unbeaten again in 2020 and it would not surprise me.

They'll have to get better on special teams if they want to threepeat.  Their punter was trash, and they have no kicker, either.  Their kicking team had trouble with containment, too.  Special teams play has been their achilles heel in the past.

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I do hope LT finally gets North Shore this year. 

I dunno.  LT doesn't match up well with North Shore's size and athleticism.  Few teams do.  From what I understand, LT is a bit undersized this year.  They always have good skill position players, but you need some heft to hold down NS.  I do think LT will cruise through to the R4 final, though.

1 minute ago, Yard Dart said:

I dunno.  LT doesn't match up well with North Shore's size and athleticism.  Few teams do.  From what I understand, LT is a bit undersized this year.  They always have good skill position players, but you need some heft to hold down NS.  I do think LT will cruise through to the R4 final, though.

Unfortunately LT has been on the undersized side since 2017, guess you get what you get. Still hope for a third chance at NS