New Trump poll...

DBP66

On 6/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, DBP66 said:

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Most Americans say Trump is a 'racist' and want him to stop tweeting

Andrew RomanoWest Coast Correspondent

Yahoo News‎ June‎ ‎1‎, ‎2020‎ ‎12‎:‎08‎ ‎PM

By a bare majority, Americans think President Trump is a racist and want him to stop tweeting, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll. 

The survey, conducted on May 29 and 30, found that 52 percent of Americans answered yes when asked whether they “think that President Trump is a racist.” Only 37 percent said no. Just 33 percent said the president should continue “posting messages on Twitter.” Fifty-four percent said no to the question. 

I can't stand him but I'm not sure why people think he's a racist.  That word is thrown around so easily and the fact is I didn't see racism growing up in the 80's/90's......I can recall times where slang was used and the person who said it would be ostracized as a weirdo.    Obviously it exists but people who are truly racist were being phased out of society as outcasts in my opinion.  Not to mention - if someone is racist it's in their own head so it can't be "adressed" by others - they're life will suffer as a result and this was the process underway for years in this country.  Of course there were still some random scumbag racists but I believe the huge majority were not.  

The politicians have brought race back to the forefront and it's despicable.  The message should be simple in that we're all one people and that's it.  The people constanly talking about racism are the real racists from where I sit.  Fact is, if you're not racist you'll treat everyone the exact same and if that means getting in an argument with someone of another race etc you do it.    It's the people who stop prior to being straightup and act different b/c they're dealing with another race - those are the true racists and those are typically the people quickest to call others racist 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

I can't stand him but I'm not sure why people think he's a racist.  That word is thrown around so easily and the fact is I didn't see racism growing up in the 80's/90's......I can recall times where slang was used and the person who said it would be ostracized as a weirdo.    Obviously it exists but people who are truly racist were being phased out of society as outcasts in my opinion.  Not to mention - if someone is racist it's in their own head so it can't be "adressed" by others - they're life will suffer as a result and this was the process underway for years in this country.  Of course there were still some random scumbag racists but I believe the huge majority were not.  

The politicians have brought race back to the forefront and it's despicable.  The message should be simple in that we're all one people and that's it.  The people constanly talking about racism are the real racists from where I sit.  Fact is, if you're not racist you'll treat everyone the exact same and if that means getting in an argument with someone of another race etc you do it.    It's the people who stop prior to being straightup and act different b/c they're dealing with another race - those are the true racists and those are typically the people quickest to call others racist 

Trump and his father were taken to court twice for housing discrimination...he called third world counties "shit-holes"...he has no minorities on his staff...he launched his Presidential campaign off blasting Mexicans and according to this survey a majority of Americans think he a racist.

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

Trump and his father were taken to court twice for housing discrimination...he called third world counties "shit-holes"...he has no minorities on his staff...he launched his Presidential campaign off blasting Mexicans and according to this survey a majority of Americans think he a racist.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭👶

• Confused 1