Enemy of the people

Nolebull813

Your point?! The country has already ensured that Covid will be keeping us company all summer and into the fall and winter. We better damn sure have a vaccine or effective treatment within a year or we will soon be looking at at least 500,000 deaths from this baby.

Fortunately I am retired and don't intend to expose myself. Does that mean I am safe? No. But at least I can practice safe protocols. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Your point?! The country has already ensured that Covid will be keeping us company all summer and into the fall and winter. We better damn sure have a vaccine or effective treatment within a year or we will soon be looking at at least 500,000 deaths from this baby.

Fortunately I am retired and don't intend to expose myself. Does that mean I am safe? No. But at least I can practice safe protocols. 

You make a sound point.  It is up to each adult individual on safe guidelines and when to use them. Very few young people will suffer, but may expose loved ones to the illness. 

Reason and logic will carry the day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You make a sound point.  It is up to each adult individual on safe guidelines and when to use them. Very few young people will suffer, but may expose loved ones to the illness. 

Reason and logic will carry the day.

I hope it will. But I have my doubts, especially if we end up having a long, hot, turbulent summer. That is a very distinct possibility. Fortunately the one youngish person that stays with us is not a social butterfly. 

• Like 1