Fauxi

Troll

Fauxi needs to be fired....

Posted his guidance on masks a while back and no one seemed to care.....

Was half waiting for someone to say....

sounds like BS....

and it sounds like they are more concerned with having enough masks for medical practitioners and themselves....

....Just didn't expect it to be Fauxi.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/dr-fauci-masks-changing-directive-coronavirus

So what's wrong with this picture?

🤔

PS: short version...we know ...but it is perfectly fine, not just standard operating procedure.....to flat out lie to you 

(on purpose btw....... for just something as minor as life and death).

19 minutes ago, Troll said:

Fauxi needs to be fired....

Posted his guidance on masks a while back and no one seemed to care.....

Was half waiting for someone to say....

sounds like BS....

and it sounds like they are more concerned with having enough masks for medical practitioners and themselves....

....Just didn't expect it to be Fauxi.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/dr-fauci-masks-changing-directive-coronavirus

So what's wrong with this picture?

🤔

PS: short version...we know ...but it is perfectly fine, not just standard operating procedure.....to flat out lie to you 

(on purpose btw....... for just something as minor as life and death).

Troll, you are better than this. You and I know, for we are not fools, that the man has been working within a framework of incredible constraints. A framework within which we have been terribly unprepared. To my way of thinking, he has done his job well, with a high degree of integrity, in enormously difficult circumstances. For he serves an administration that is both incredibly incompetent and callous with respect to this virus and its effects.

Unfortunately, when faced with a situation in which masks were in incredibly short supply, and in which we did not have the capacity to produce them rapidly, it, sadly, makes sense that the limited supply would have been preserved for the individuals in the healthcare profession. What else would make sense? If you allow those individuals to all (mostly all) get sick with many of them dying, how then could we have maintained the healthcare system when we needed it most, particularly in tri-state?

Come on man, you are better than this. I would have expected the above from HSFBFan, not from the likes of you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Troll, you are better than this. You and I know, for we are not fools, that the man has been working within a framework of incredible constraints. A framework within which we have been terribly unprepared. To my way of thinking, he has done his job well, with a high degree of integrity, in enormously difficult circumstances. For he serves an administration that is both incredibly incompetent and callous with respect to this virus and its effects.

Unfortunately, when faced with a situation in which masks were in incredibly short supply, and in which we did not have the capacity to produce them rapidly, it, sadly, makes sense that the limited supply would have been preserved for the individuals in the healthcare profession. What else would make sense? If you allow those individuals to all (mostly all) get sick with many of them dying, how then could we have maintained the healthcare system when we needed it most, particularly in tri-state?

Come on man, you are better than this. I would have expected the above from HSFBFan, not from the likes of you!

Better than sticking up for those who lie to your face?

I get the whole ""public need to know"....

but not from some (self-elected + politically connected)  "official".....

It's like taking medical advise from some rich 'computer geek'....

You are right to a degree...i digress...:

but you could probably take the post as more of "told you so" inspired,

than a torch lighting, or call to riot.

Probably just this dude's attitude of I'll lie to your face and you will like it...

that just doesn't sit well with your morning coffee....like someone taking a dump in it.

🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Better than sticking up for those who lie to your face?

I get the whole ""public need to know"....

but not from some (self-elected + politically connected)  "official".....

It's like taking medical advise from some rich 'computer geek'....

You are right to a degree...i digress...:

but you could probably take the post as more of "told you so" inspired,

than a torch lighting, or call to riot.

Probably just this dude's attitude of I'll lie to your face and you will like it...

that just doesn't sit well with your morning coffee....like someone taking a dump in it.

🤷‍♂️

We live in a time of liars. Fuci is not exempt. I understand your point. But despite the video you posted, I, perhaps sadly, still have more confidence in his pronouncements than those from others within the administration. I will tell you this: I sure as hell would not want his or Dr. Birx's job, assuming I were qualified. For to be in their position is being in a no win situation. Somewhat akin to a Sisyphean task.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

We live in a time of liars. Fuci is not exempt. I understand your point. But despite the video you posted, I, perhaps sadly, still have more confidence in his pronouncements than those from others within the administration. I will tell you this: I sure as hell would not want his or Dr. Birx's job, assuming I were qualified. For to be in their position is being in a no win situation. Somewhat akin to a Sisyphean task.  

I wouldn't want the position either....

perhaps you have boiled it down quite nicely.

when others can find such enjoyment...

Like a well asked for wish come true ?

🤷‍♂️

PS: Not that I'm saying it is.....But where would you stand on "public's right to know".....you know

if this was just for their own good .....and more of a drill for 'if' any pandemic worse than a 'flu' came along ???

BTW: You could always contrast that with the findings, of the last 'drill' that ended just before this, from the same people ?

6 minutes ago, Troll said:

I wouldn't want the position either....

perhaps you have boiled it down quite nicely.

when others can find such enjoyment...

Like a well asked for wish come true ?

🤷‍♂️

PS: Not that I'm saying it is.....But where would you stand on "public's right to know".....you know

if this was just for their own good .....and more of a drill for 'if' any pandemic worse than a 'flu' came along ???

BTW: You could always contrast that with the findings, of the last 'drill' that ended just before this, from the same people ?

In America this is a very complicated question. Why? There is very little trust of authority here in the USA. Little trust in government, and for that matter, although less articulated, little trust in large business (its one of the reasons in addition to the legal structure, why we have such a thriving business in "ambulance chaser" type lawyers). So, from the get go, even if the government were won't to provide "truth" as best it were able, there is the question of how many would believe it and act appropriately on it. 

But this is a very real problem. For it is only a matter of time before a very deadly pandemic comes along. For while I take some issue with describing the current one as a flu, it is clearly not small pox or cholera or the bubonic plague. And when this happens, between a dysfunctional government, and a people that are unlikely to heed information even if the government chose to dispense it as timely and honestly as it could, we will have an unmitigated disaster. And actually, right this minute, it is unclear whether Covid-19, despite not being anywhere near the aforementioned diseases, may end up being an unmitigated disaster.

While our death rate has no doubt declined over the past two months, I find it very hard to believe that it won't shoot upward within the next two weeks. I can only hope that instead of returning to the 2,000 per day, as in April and early May, this time it will be contained in the 1,000 per day range due to the decline in age of those being most affected. As I type this, I consider myself very lucky that this chose to come along after I retired. As such, I have a lot of control over the extent to which I expose myself physically to others and have chosen to do so very sparingly until I a convinced we are past this either because of an effective treatment, vaccine or because due to revised protocols we are able to isolate it via enhanced contact tracing and quarantine of the infected and exposed as necessary. 

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

In America this is a very complicated question. Why? There is very little trust of authority here in the USA. Little trust in government, and for that matter, although less articulated, little trust in large business (its one of the reasons in addition to the legal structure, why we have such a thriving business in "ambulance chaser" type lawyers). So, from the get go, even if the government were won't to provide "truth" as best it were able, there is the question of how many would believe it and act appropriately on it. 

But this is a very real problem. For it is only a matter of time before a very deadly pandemic comes along. For while I take some issue with describing the current one as a flu, it is clearly not small pox or cholera or the bubonic plague. And when this happens, between a dysfunctional government, and a people that are unlikely to heed information even if the government chose to dispense it as timely and honestly as it could, we will have an unmitigated disaster. And actually, right this minute, it is unclear whether Covid-19, despite not being anywhere near the aforementioned diseases, may end up being an unmitigated disaster.

While our death rate has no doubt declined over the past two months, I find it very hard to believe that it won't shoot upward within the next two weeks. I can only hope that instead of returning to the 2,000 per day, as in April and early May, this time it will be contained in the 1,000 per day range due to the decline in age of those being most affected. As I type this, I consider myself very lucky that this chose to come along after I retired. As such, I have a lot of control over the extent to which I expose myself physically to others and have chosen to do so very sparingly until I a convinced we are past this either because of an effective treatment, vaccine or because due to revised protocols we are able to isolate it via enhanced contact tracing and quarantine of the infected and exposed as necessary. 

The distrust is straight from above...👆

Fauxi just CONFIRMED that he was FAUXING ☝️

Many times when explained, the "why" can help with that trust thingy....

But: Pandemic....but we need the masks and you can die?

👌

Yes I'm sure he has his reasons...but doesn't seem like the guy you could trust when SHTF...now does it?

PS: this thread is a similar statement on mistrust/trust....

like same as yours...

think we need more trust.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

The distrust is straight from above...👆

Fauxi just CONFIRMED that he was FAUXING ☝️

Many times when explained, the "why" can help with that trust thingy....

But: Pandemic....but we need the masks and you can die?

👌

Yes I'm sure he has his reasons...but doesn't seem like the guy you could trust when SHTF...now does it?

PS: this thread is a similar statement on mistrust/trust....

like same as yours...

think we need more trust.

To a degree, but there are other factors. Perhaps, the degree to which we are heterogeneous is also a problem. It fosters us forming different groups which tend to create their own reality. Heck the very design of houses in Central Florida where I live do not foster trust. Typically the garage is at the very front and there is no front porch or veranda as we had in Jamaica. To a degree, this isolates each family unit and unless you live in a very settled neighborhood, you don't really get to "know" most of your neighbors on a very deep level.

I always find it interesting when a horrific crime is committed by an individual, and those that lived in the community express shock. When I was growing up, we all knew who the bad actors to avoid were. Now this is a digression, but ... also damaging to trust, is the fact that the very politics of the country seems to regard government as an enemy ... you see this in political ads all the time. Now perhaps as currently practiced here, it is more of a problem than a solution and arbiter of disputes ... but that does not have to be so ... and certainly is not in a healthy society. 

• Like 1