Anyone here ever been to Bavaria?

ChimpGrip

Deutsch (links) und Boarisch (rechts)

German (or really, High German - on left) and Bavarian on the right. It’s worth noting that Bavarian varies across the region, not only in the State of Bavaria but in Austria as well. But, this picture gives you a good idea of the similarities and differences between the two. The various German dialects became is an interesting theme and gives you more to master when studying German. Also, regional dialects found in German are not so in Russian. You’ll have different words for things and pronounciations but not different dialects.  

976E5AD6-A55D-4BE9-8740-0D6048E61045.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I find it interesting. I’ve been trying for years to not just learn the German language but also Bavarian. It’s beautiful county down there and there are so many traditions. On top of that, it’s quite scenic. Along with many parts of Austria as well. 

6DF3C22E-6FDD-4C01-97E5-0557E07EA3AE.jp2 172 kB · 0 downloads

I have and it was the best in Europe by far.  Imo.  The people were awesome and the country beyond beautiful.  Switzerland was also excellent.  Everywhere was great except Belgium,  specifically Brussels.