SJB's Aaron Pico- NYC Debut

ATLien12x

8 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Sonnen dominated Wanderlei with wrestling. Impressive win

Not sure it was impressive..... silva has zero takedown defense. Further, chael had position on the ground all night and didn't do anything w it. He has no power to finish w ground and pound... he doesn't know how to do a simple Kimora ... and he gave up full mount to get in less advantageous position on purpose. Chael has a great double leg take down. That's about it. 

Fedor is washed up but he will knock out sonnen. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 10:05 AM, Mjd33 said:

Not sure it was impressive..... silva has zero takedown defense. Further, chael had position on the ground all night and didn't do anything w it. He has no power to finish w ground and pound... he doesn't know how to do a simple Kimora ... and he gave up full mount to get in less advantageous position on purpose. Chael has a great double leg take down. That's about it. 

Fedor is washed up but he will knock out sonnen. 

Chael's wrestling is always impressive.....his ground game was pretty timid, but I'm sure he just wanted to get back in the win column.....and considering how many times he has gotten caught in a submission late in a fight he was winning, it was probably a very smart decision. Gotta love Chael tho, he's absolutely hilarious, and by far the best trash talker in MMA.

Fedor is washed up, mainly because of his chin. Happens to everyone at a certain point or age. He just can't take shots like he used to. It's been hard to tell how/if his overall skills have been affected, because Fedor has always been the kind of fighter to just walk through punches and recover, and he can't do that anymore. It looks like he still hits hard as hell and is accurate. I'd bet his grappling/sambo are still pretty top notch.

I agree, I would expect Fedor to KO Sonnen, unless Fedor's chin is completely glass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

agree, I would expect Fedor to KO Sonnen, unless Fedor's chin is completely glass.

Fedor will knock out chael in round 1. Chael's stand up game is no match for even a past his prime fedor and sonnen Won't be able to hold down fedor even if he takes him down.  Fedor will be 20lbs heavier too.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Fedor will knock out chael in round 1. Chael's stand up game is no match for even a past his prime fedor and sonnen Won't be able to hold down fedor even if he takes him down.  Fedor will be 20lbs heavier too.... 

Completely agree with everything ...but Fedor isn't very good at avoiding getting hit, and if Chael lands, even with his lack of punching power, it could turn off Fedor's lights.  

I'd be pretty torn on who to root for in that one....I really like them both