SJB's Aaron Pico- NYC Debut

ATLien12x

20 year old Aaron Pico making his debut Saturday night at Bellator 180 in NYC. ESPN calls him MMA's biggest prospect. This kid has been hyped as the "next big thing" for years now. Very decorated wrestler as well as a very successful amateur boxer. Pretty pumped to see him

https://sports.yahoo.com/bellator-prodigy-aaron-pico-next-big-thing-mma-185037459.html

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19683516/is-aaron-pico-greatest-prospect-mma-history

St John Bosco alum. Was the top wrestler nationally at SJB.  Looking forward to checking him out. He made the PPV card with a 0-0 record, one of Bellator's biggest signings.

Ironically, Gwinnett (GA)'s Douglas Lima (Welterweight Champion) is also on the PPV card. Should be a great event Saturday night at Bellator 180 in Madison Square Garden  (NYC)

• Like 2

I remember this kid (Aaron Pico) was around the same age  as the 2013 St.John Bosco team (the team that went 16-0, first team in California for 5 years to beat De La Salle, Ranked #1 in some polls) and absolute NOBODY on team would even mess or joke with the kid, so much that the team went out of his way to respect him. Thats how terrifying he was. Definitely has a future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

20 year old Aaron Pico making his debut Saturday night at Bellator 180 in NYC. ESPN calls him MMA's biggest prospect. This kid has been hyped as the "next big thing" for years now. Very decorated wrestler as well as a very successful amateur boxer. Pretty pumped to see him

https://sports.yahoo.com/bellator-prodigy-aaron-pico-next-big-thing-mma-185037459.html

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19683516/is-aaron-pico-greatest-prospect-mma-history

St John Bosco alum. Was the top wrestler nationally at SJB.  Looking forward to checking him out. He made the PPV card with a 0-0 record, one of Bellator's biggest signings.

Ironically, Gwinnett (GA)'s Douglas Lima (Welterweight Champion) is also on the PPV card. Should be a great event Saturday night at Bellator 180 in Madison Square Garden  (NYC)

I've known this kid since he was 10. He'd train with Joey Davis(4 time division 2 national champion and went undefeated during his college tenure), Zahid Valencia(ASU finished 3rd in the nation this year) , Anthony Valencia, Cade Olivas  and others at the same place my nephew would train as a kid.

• Like 3

Was going to periscope this.... thanks for the heads up will check him out. 

is he on ppv card or prelims ....? 

Prelims being headlined by bader and Davis I think. That's an even fight. 

I think mitrone knocks out fedor. Fedor should of lost his last fight in Russia but judges were corrupt. They could of stopped the fight actually in round 1 fedor took a beating from Maldonado and at minimum was a 10-8 round. So even if judges have fedor round 2 and 3 it should of been draw. 

If pillowfists sonnen can't hold down wanderlei w his wrestling he will get knocked out standing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

I remember this kid (Aaron Pico) was around the same age  as the 2013 St.John Bosco team (the team that went 16-0, first team in California for 5 years to beat De La Salle, Ranked #1 in some polls) and absolute NOBODY on team would even mess or joke with the kid, so much that the team went out of his way to respect him. Thats how terrifying he was. Definitely has a future

Friends w many wrestlers in my years ... the top ones are just animals..... wired differently.  In college a buddy of mine I  played football w for awhile than he focused full time on wrestling. He was the #1 hwt wrestler in the country at Gilman HS. Straight beast. 

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I've known this kid since he was 10. He'd train with Joey Davis(4 time division 2 national champion and went undefeated during his college tenure), Zahid Valencia(ASU finished 3rd in the nation this year) , Anthony Valencia, Cade Olivas  and others at the same place my nephew would train as a kid.

Yep

i didn't know him as a 10-year old but saw them wrestle as freshman in the Doc B tournament in Fresno (Pico and Valencias -- I remember Olivas's name, but he wasn't SJB, was he?).  SJB was maybe a top 10 team but had 3 of the best 4 or 5 wrestlers in state -- I think PICO was #1 in country as a frosh in weight class and that may have been his only year wrestling in high school (2 years at most)

valencias impressive to me for starting HS as 103 and 119# ers and kept their elite status even while moving up a couple of weight classes per year 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Friends w many wrestlers in my years ... the top ones are just animals..... wired differently.  In college a buddy of mine I  played football w for awhile than he focused full time on wrestling. He was the #1 hwt wrestler in the country at Gilman HS. Straight beast. 

Yeah, you definitely need a lot more cardio and that mentality to not stop. 

• Like 1

Sonnen dominated Wanderlei with wrestling. Impressive win. 30-27, 30-27, 30-26. Silva got pissed and pushed him during his interview after.  Classless.

Matt Mitrione knocked out Fedor. Nice right hand followed by great ground and  pound. 

Gwinnett (Georgia) Welterweight Champion Douglas Lima defended his title against Lorenz Larkins. 

Pico got dropped and choked out but he's young. Was humbled tonight. Had a ton of family there. After party scheduled. Not what he expected. He'll be okay. Has promise