Marietta JV Lax loses 12-2

Sweetlarry

To Hillgrove. Proud of their effort tonight, but Hillgrove is an established program and the 8th graders didn’t have the experience and skill to play with them tonight.

One good thing for the Imps was holding Hillgrove scoreless during a spell where we were down four kids for penalties. Another Dad said he’d never seen a team down four kids at once. 

The Hillgrove parents were very complimentary of our kids willingness to hit and mix it up. One Dad said he’s gonna give his son hell for getting knocked out of the game twice by 8th graders. Kid is a Junior. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

To Hillgrove. Proud of their effort tonight, but Hillgrove is an established program and the 8th graders didn’t have the experience and skill to play with them tonight.

One good thing for the Imps was holding Hillgrove scoreless during a spell where we were down four kids for penalties. Another Dad said he’d never seen a team down four kids at once. 

The Hillgrove parents were very complimentary of our kids willingness to hit and mix it up. One Dad said he’s gonna give his son hell for getting knocked out of the game twice by 8th graders. Kid is a Junior. 😂 

Does your kid do any camps or summer league?? My advice is do that and find a brick wall and spend weeks throwing and catching with wall and if u don’t got one just invest in a lax wall and a goal and net.

once he learns how to actually throw  and catch right, he can be unstoppable 

6748BCAC-953D-4904-9374-F9452B586679.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Does your kid do any camps or summer league?? My advice is do that and find a brick wall and spend weeks throwing and catching with wall and if u don’t got one just invest in a lax wall and a goal and net.

once he learns how to actually throw  and catch right, he can be unstoppable 

6748BCAC-953D-4904-9374-F9452B586679.jpeg

Appreciate the advice! This is the first time he’s played. No camps, no nothing. 

A Buddy of mine is one of the coaches and said he should come out. He said they needed some tougher kids that will hit people because last year they weren’t physical at all, I guess. 

The Varsity kids are really supportive of the 8th graders and encourage them. After watching Beaux and the girls play the boys are playing a different sport. 

Just hope he keeps improving and has fun. 

• Like 1