TEXAS doesn't play any defense!

Connman

All stereotype's like this, regarding any state, are silly. Yet you constantly hear it along with things like GA, Ohio and NJ play great defense. A very good new poster from Indiana (DrivenT) brought it up in his very first informative post and is always used when someone wants to knock a state. Let me give you some cherry-picked stats.

Since Texas just completed their quarter-finals I chose a few states and added their quarter-final round scores ( to keep it somewhat comparable).

Texas (10 divisions - 40 games) AVG SCORE 35-17 TOTAL PTS 52

Indiana (6 divisions - 24 games) AVG SCORE 41-17 TOTAL PTS 58

Georgia (8 divisions - 32 games) AVG SCORE 36-20 TOTAL PTS 56

I am not saying this proves anything as many variables can affect this sample (blowouts, bad weather, bad matchups, etc) just that the final 80 teams left in the Texas playoffs are averaging less PPG than Georgia and Indiana in each state's quarter final round of games.

What I will say is generalizing about any state is pretty silly!

• Like 2

Texas

2 hours ago, Connman said:

All stereotype's like this, regarding any state, are silly. Yet you constantly hear it along with things like GA, Ohio and NJ play great defense. A very good new poster from Indiana (DrivenT) brought it up in his very first informative post and is always used when someone wants to knock a state. Let me give you some cherry-picked stats.

Since Texas just completed their quarter-finals I chose a few states and added their quarter-final round scores ( to keep it somewhat comparable).

Texas (10 divisions - 40 games) AVG SCORE 35-17 TOTAL PTS 52

Indiana (6 divisions - 24 games) AVG SCORE 41-17 TOTAL PTS 58

Georgia (8 divisions - 32 games) AVG SCORE 36-20 TOTAL PTS 56

I am not saying this proves anything as many variables can affect this sample (blowouts, bad weather, bad matchups, etc) just that the final 80 teams left in the Texas playoffs are averaging less PPG than Georgia and Indiana in each state's quarter final round of games.

What I will say is generalizing about any state is pretty silly!

Exactly and lets look at Texas OOS. Since we play no defense Texas should have been lit up and the Texas offenses should be shut down since they play against non defensive teams.

Allen 25 Hoover 7 Allen's 1st game 5 Texas schools scored 20+ on Allen>  Hoover's lowest output of the season and only Grayson, Ga scored more pts against them during the season. Alabama Champs

Allen 45  ECA, La 10  their lowest point total of the year it was ECA's 1st game.  La. Select D1 Champs

ET 39 Broken Arrow, OK 16 a good team.  So what did they do against the big Okla teams

Scored 24 on Jenks and 10 on State Champ Union.  ET Seemed to have done well.

Now Lufkin plays no defense yet their offense is just as potent as their D is bad. 

Parkway, LA 69 Lufkin 54

Westbrook 70 Lufkin 63

Woodlands 63 Lufkin 42

Texas seems to have lit up OOS teams as much as they did in state and lose in state just as bad.

Example   B.G. vs. Cedar Hill  Cedar Hill vs. Desoto

Westlake vs. Liberty   Westlake vs. LT

Each Texas school put up more points than the OOS schools

Faith Lutheran NV. Loses to TAPP Power St. Pius X 42 -10 The only other school in NV to hold them to a similar score was Bishop Gorman 58 - 10.

So if Texas doesn't play Defense why are OOS schools not smoking them.