Did the DAR try to rewrite history?

Wildcat Will

Mint Julep history books. It was a failed project that was not without a national effort.

Even without the right to vote, the group was extremely influential. They lobbied local governments to erect memorials to the Confederacy all over the South, including in prominent public spaces like courthouses and state capitols. They formed textbook committees and pressured school boards to ban books that the UDC deemed “unjust to the South,” which was anything that shed negative light on the Confederacy.

Their work with children went beyond the classroom as well. They formed an auxiliary group called the Children of the Confederacy, a program that sought to get kids actively involved in “Southern” history. They would recite UDC-sponsored rhetoric, visit veterans, participate in monument unveilings, and more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreeBird said:

Lol I don’t care I’m enjoying life u should give it a shot William

I'm good. I keep waking up each day. You will not be abandoned though. The care you miss will become commonplace mentally and supplant the current occupying thought.

I am pleased you are handling your issues so well.

I'm here for you.

• Haha 1